Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Questions about "On Demand" on Dish and DirectTV
Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:17 AM
1. It looks like Dish Network has "On Demand," but that they only provide their own content, and that it's all PPV. But from what I can tell, Direct TV provides "On Demand" for a ton of the stations, such as "Boomerang on Demand," "Showtime on Demand," etc. And a lot of the Direct TV "On Demand" stuff looks like it's free. Do I have all that right? Because if I do, Direct TV is much more appealing, because I love the idea of free "On Demand" content.
2. Is there much content on the "On Demand" stations like Boomerang, Comedy Central, etc., or are they mostly just placeholders for future content?
Thanks so much! This forum has been an amazing help!
Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:26 AM
Remember On demand works over your high speed internet connection, so you must have Internet and either a network cable pulled to your reciever or a wireless adaptor.
Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:05 AM
Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:18 PM
That is correct. Dish doesnt provide any free on demand events like you are thinking.
Hi Dmax82. Thanks for replying. That helps. But does DISH really not provide all of these "On Demand" features that DirectTV does?
Every once and a while they will have 2 0r 3 free 20 min programs from hgtv or food,
but no comedy central or anything else.
I used to have charter and that is the only thing i miss about them, the 100's of free on demand.
Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:27 PM
Hopefully DISH will catch up in the "TV Entertainment" and free on demand areas.