Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SWM & SWMline general discussion

• Please log in to reply
1302 replies to this topic

#1061 OFFLINE   DrA

DrA

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

Sorry, I have to update my profile signature, I have only one H-20.
I will call today to make sure they add deca and cinema kit. Are they free.
I can't belive the did not give me discount for loyal customer.
Is customer retention still working?
DrA

Slimline, SWM-16, MRV
HR20-700 to HDMI LG 47LC7DF
HR20-700 to Component 40XBR800 40" hd tube
HR20-700 to Dell 22"HDMI /DVI computer monitor
HR20-700 to HDMI Sharp Aquos 70"TV
HR24-200 to HDMI Panasonic AE3000 PJ 120" screen
HR22 to HDMI Panasonic AE3000 PJ 86" screen or Samsung TV.
DECA to Netgear 4500 for internet.
D* since 1994

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#1062 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

Sorry, I have to update my profile signature, I have only one H-20.
I will call today to make sure they add deca and cinema kit. Are they free.
I can't belive the did not give me discount for loyal customer.
Is customer retention still working?

If they are swapping out the H20, they will give you a DECA if it is needed. The Cinema Connection Kit is really just a DECA and a PI. There should not be any additional cost if you have it done when the WHDVR upgrade is performed. Just make sure it is a line item on your order.

As for getting a deal, call back and see what they can do. At a minimum, maybe they can waive the tech visit fee.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#1063 OFFLINE   DrA

DrA

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

veryoldschool,The Merg,Thank you again for info that they were trying to charge regular price for MRV and my order was incomplete regarding deca and cinema kit.
I called retention, canceled the old and added extra deca and cinema kit in addition to SWM , new dish and reciever swap + $150 credit for loyalty.
DrA

Slimline, SWM-16, MRV
HR20-700 to HDMI LG 47LC7DF
HR20-700 to Component 40XBR800 40" hd tube
HR20-700 to Dell 22"HDMI /DVI computer monitor
HR20-700 to HDMI Sharp Aquos 70"TV
HR24-200 to HDMI Panasonic AE3000 PJ 120" screen
HR22 to HDMI Panasonic AE3000 PJ 86" screen or Samsung TV.
DECA to Netgear 4500 for internet.
D* since 1994

#1064 OFFLINE   quik

quik

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

Does anyone know by looking at this pic if this LNB, PI, and splitter would this be all I need to run 3 x HR22-100 dvrs? (sorry I'm new to SWM setups). Don't need to have DECA/MRV installed right now.

Thinking about buying it on ebay... in the auction it mentions SL5S4NR2-02 and

THIS A GREEN LABEL SWM5 LNB WITH GREEN LABEL POWER SUPPLY AND 1X4 SPLITTER GREEN LABEL EVERYTHING IS SWM COMPATIBLE

Posted Image

Thanks!

quick
1 x HR22-100 HD-DVR

1 x HR34-700 Genie

#1065 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Does anyone know by looking at this pic if this LNB, PI, and splitter would this be all I need to run 3 x HR22-100 dvrs? (sorry I'm new to SWM setups). Don't need to have DECA/MRV installed right now.

Thinking about buying it on ebay... in the auction it mentions SL5S4NR2-02 and

Posted Image

Thanks!

Looks to be a complete "kit".
A.K.A VOS

#1066 OFFLINE   quik

quik

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

Looks to be a complete "kit".

Great thanks! :D

quick
1 x HR22-100 HD-DVR

1 x HR34-700 Genie

#1067 OFFLINE   mloiterman

mloiterman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

I'm converting my system to SWM from the WB68 switch. I have the 5 LNB dish with four cables coming into my basement and home runs to all locations.

Receivers:
1. H21
2. HR21
3. HR20
4. HR24

I understand that the HR DVR receivers will all connect to my SWM splitter which in turn connects to the PI and then the SWM switch which is connected to the dish.

Questions:
1. How do I connect the H21? Can it simply be fed from the SWM splitter as the HR receivers?
2. All BBCs should be removed and only one connection to each receiver should be made, correct?
3. Do I need to change any settings on any of the receivers to get them to see the SWM?
4. I assume the best way to do this is to unplug all receivers, reconfigure their connections (remove BBC, disconnect Sat feed 2), then remove WB68, replace with SWM, make all connections, power up all receivers.

Any potential problems I should watch out for?

#1068 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

I'm converting my system to SWM from the WB68 switch. I have the 5 LNB dish with four cables coming into my basement and home runs to all locations.

Receivers:
1. H21
2. HR21
3. HR20
4. HR24

I understand that the HR DVR receivers will all connect to my SWM splitter which in turn connects to the PI and then the SWM switch which is connected to the dish.

Questions:
1. How do I connect the H21? Can it simply be fed from the SWM splitter as the HR receivers?
2. All BBCs should be removed and only one connection to each receiver should be made, correct?
3. Do I need to change any settings on any of the receivers to get them to see the SWM?
4. I assume the best way to do this is to unplug all receivers, reconfigure their connections (remove BBC, disconnect Sat feed 2), then remove WB68, replace with SWM, make all connections, power up all receivers.

Any potential problems I should watch out for?

Looks like you got it..
h21 hooks up just like hr..
may take a reboot or two for them to "switch" but nothing needs to be set..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#1069 OFFLINE   twestrick

twestrick

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

I am having trouble with 2 receivers not getting signal from even channels and some local channels (Dallas). I have a slimline 5 with a swm 16. Two boxes are the problem. They are HR22-100 and H23-600. They have worked but seem to fail at the same time. They are on 2 different segments (splitters) on my system. It seems to be temp related. They were working when it was colder, below 40-50 deg. Now its in the 50-60 deg at night 70-80's during the day. I have replaced the cable between splitter and box on the hr22-100. I have shortened my cable lengths as much as I can.
Questions I have about swm system:
1: How warm should they swm16 be? Mine is very warm to hot to the touch.
2: Can the swm16 lose satellite signal on just certain channels on certain boxes?
My System
Slimline 5
Swm16
2 hr20-100 (working)
1 r22-100 (working
1 hr24-500 (working)
1 h23-600 (fail, whole-home working)
1 hr20-200 (fail, whole-home working)
2 8x green label splitters.
Called Directv, they won't be out till Tuesday.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#1070 OFFLINE   rwny1

rwny1

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

hi everybody
need some expertise if anyone can help.
i have one wire coming in from the roof, i can currently connect it to the slimline hd one wire lnb and to the 24v power supply and 8 way splitter and everything works.
i have the swm8 switch/module with the 29v powersupply. i was told i could connect my international 95 dish with the swm hd dish and bring it all in the house via that one line. i need to hook up an hr 22 and an old legacy dtv receiver.
can someone please let me know how i can connect everything? i dont want to risk frying anything if i wire the wrong way
thank you in advance.

#1071 OFFLINE   erpbridge

erpbridge

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

I moved into a house, already has a Slimline dish with SL5S SWM LNB attached, a single line (probably 50 feet) running from it to the house, which connects to a SWS-STR4 4-way splitter. I have a HR21 and a HR24. I'm coming from an old setup where I used a Zinwell multiswitch with an old 4-wire dish.

They can't see the dish even when I choose Slimline 5 SWM in Setup... is this because the legacy install is just missing a PI-29 power inverter between the dish and the 4-way splitter?

Is that the only component I need to get, or do I need a SWM-8 as well (I don't think I need it, looks like that's to convert a non-SWM LNB to a SWM system, right?) Am I right about the location of the Power inserter, one side connects straight to dish, other side connects to 4-way switch?

(PS: Don't need DECA... use Ethernet for that already, since my receivers are already close to ethernet switches anyways.)

Edited by erpbridge, 10 May 2011 - 07:25 PM.
(Deca note)

#1072 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

I moved into a house, already has a Slimline dish with SL5S SWM LNB attached, a single line (probably 50 feet) running from it to the house, which connects to a SWS-STR4 4-way splitter. I have a HR21 and a HR24. I'm coming from an old setup where I used a Zinwell multiswitch with an old 4-wire dish.

They can't see the dish even when I choose Slimline 5 SWM in Setup... is this because the legacy install is just missing a PI-29 power inverter between the dish and the 4-way splitter?

Is that the only component I need to get, or do I need a SWM-8 as well (I don't think I need it, looks like that's to convert a non-SWM LNB to a SWM system, right?) Am I right about the location of the Power inserter, one side connects straight to dish, other side connects to 4-way switch?

(PS: Don't need DECA... use Ethernet for that already, since my receivers are already close to ethernet switches anyways.)

If you're not powering the SWiM, then it doesn't work, or can't be "found". ;)
A.K.A VOS

#1073 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Call and get movers setup advertised on TV all the time.

#1074 OFFLINE   erpbridge

erpbridge

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Thanks VOS, just wanted to confirm my understanding.

Gomez... did schedule movers a few days ago, turns out earliest timeframe is June 2. Figure since just about everything is already in place, if I can just order the PI from Weaknees, get it in a couple days, I can be up and running by this time next week rather than having a black screen for a few weeks.

#1075 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Thanks VOS, just wanted to confirm my understanding.

Gomez... did schedule movers a few days ago, turns out earliest timeframe is June 2. Figure since just about everything is already in place, if I can just order the PI from Weaknees, get it in a couple days, I can be up and running by this time next week rather than having a black screen for a few weeks.

You might look here too: http://www.solidsign...ku=874409000844
A.K.A VOS

#1076 OFFLINE   retiredmomof3

retiredmomof3

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

I am installing a SWM LNB with a splitter in my 5th wheel, which has satellite jacks in an exterior compartment for the two TV locations (bedroom & living room) and interior jacks at the actual TV locations, and I want to make sure I do this correctly, so please let me know if this is correct:

-Run a cable from the dish to the splitter
-Run a cable from the splitter to each satellite jack in the exterior compartment
-At the Living Room jack - Run a cable from the jack to the PI and a cable
from the PI's IRD jack to the "Sat 1" jack on the HD DVR
-At the Bedroom jack - Run a cable from the jack to the HD receiver
-Leave all receivers off until the dish is aligned
-Once dish is aligned, turn on receivers and set up as required.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

#1077 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

I am installing a SWM LNB with a splitter in my 5th wheel, which has satellite jacks in an exterior compartment for the two TV locations (bedroom & living room) and interior jacks at the actual TV locations, and I want to make sure I do this correctly, so please let me know if this is correct:

-Run a cable from the dish to the splitter
-Run a cable from the splitter to each satellite jack in the exterior compartment
-At the Living Room jack - Run a cable from the jack to the PI and a cable
from the PI's IRD jack to the "Sat 1" jack on the HD DVR
-At the Bedroom jack - Run a cable from the jack to the HD receiver
-Leave all receivers off until the dish is aligned
-Once dish is aligned, turn on receivers and set up as required.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it will work, "just remember" the PI needs to connect to the power passing port of the splitter, or it won't power the SWiM.
A.K.A VOS

#1078 OFFLINE   retiredmomof3

retiredmomof3

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Great! Thanks for the confirmation.

#1079 OFFLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

I am going to switch my 5 lnb 4 cable with a swm3 lnb due to some 119 tree problems. Is it just a matter of changing the lnb, adding the PI-21 and running set up on the hr20-700?

#1080 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,109 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

I am going to switch my 5 lnb 4 cable with a swm3 lnb due to some 119 tree problems. Is it just a matter of changing the lnb, adding the PI-21 and running set up on the hr20-700?

You might not need to run the setup. I ran the 4 cables to a SWM5 and my HR20 recognized it automatically.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...