Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How much is a service call? Is it $79

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Casey21

Casey21

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

I think my dish may need some tweaking. I'm at work right now so I can't post my signal strengths for a particular satellite. However, if I do require a service call and I don't have a protection plan, does anyone know what is the approx. charge? I've seen $79 on another posting but wanted to see if that has been other folks experience. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

I would call a local dealer. They set their own rates, and the money would go to support a small, local business.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#3 OFFLINE   Casey21

Casey21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:05 PM

I would call a local dealer. They set their own rates, and the money would go to support a small, local business.

That's a great idea - I never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion!

#4 OFFLINE   turey22

turey22

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

or you can get the proection plan, the first sc will be 1995 and then 5.99 after that. but the protection plan is a very useful thing. my remotes always break, little kids, and they always replace them for free.

#5 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

You can probably buy a ladder for $50... What I did was open a window near my Dish, turn up the volume so I could hear the signal, then started tweaking each adjustment to highest buzz. I was able to boost 5-10 points doing this.

#6 OFFLINE   kc1ih

kc1ih

Legend

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

I needed a dish relocation a couple of months ago, I was charged $49.

#7 OFFLINE   JM Anthony

JM Anthony

Child of the 60's

• Gold Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

Depending on how long you've been with E*, you could make a pitch for a freebie. Can't cost anything to give it a try.

Good luck.

John
John Anthony
and Gus, the 22# Wonder Cat
E* since ‘96

Protected By... spam firewall...And...