Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Happen with Gol TV

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

You can get GolTV online here: http://www.veetle.com

Quality may not meet your expectations
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   A2736

A2736

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

Thank You koji68 . To whom might be interested they have a mac version

#83 OFFLINE   ivtech

ivtech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:50 AM

I have the dishnetwork 250 top channels and SPT and 10.00 HD with 211 receiver and Setanta Sports, i pay 120.00, but now that Goal Tv is gonne,i don't see any substitute for it , but i see that they gave Setanta for free to Dishlatino subscribers ,How come Dishlatino subscribers are more than me or whoever has same package as me , anybody already put this question to them?

#84 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

I have the dishnetwork 250 top channels and SPT and 10.00 HD with 211 receiver and Setanta Sports, i pay 120.00, but now that Goal Tv is gonne,i don't see any substitute for it , but i see that they gave Setanta for free to Dishlatino subscribers ,How come Dishlatino subscribers are more than me or whoever has same package as me , anybody already put this question to them?

If I were you I would call and see what they say about it. Seems like you should get a credit for it.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#85 OFFLINE   kstuart

kstuart

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

It's only a free preview until end of September...
Still using Dish 500 production unit #000001 (pictured prior to upgrade to DPPlusTwin)
Olevia 542i fed by ViP622 and 522

#86 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

where did you see that E* was giving Setanta for free to Dish Latino customers?

#87 OFFLINE   ivtech

ivtech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

My brother in law that lives downstairs has dishlatino package and he didn't have setanta prior to the dissaperance of gol tv and now he has it without subscriving it, like i did.

#88 OFFLINE   ivtech

ivtech

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

I called dish custom service about the missing Gol tv and they say that Gol tv wants too much money, but they still working on it,and i said that while they working on it at least give other channel that gets soccer from Spain at list the champions league, so they gave me the 13.00 of Dishlatino for one month,i dout they will ever get Gol tv back.but at list i get something.i also asked them why i have to pay 14.90 for Setanta Sports and the dishlatino subscribers have it free,they said that is not free, it's just a preview for the sumer to dishlatino subscribers,

#89 OFFLINE   johnstred

johnstred

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

It has gotten quiet around this issue.... can we all assume that GolTV is dead and gone from DISH for good? By the way... would be interesting to know just how many people actually carried out their plans to switch to another provider because of this.....

#90 OFFLINE   Rebollos

Rebollos

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:57 PM

According to an article in the spanish newspaper MARCA, MEDIAPRO just introduce GOLTV to televised a lot of soccer leagues in Europe. MEDIAPRO has LA LIGA international rights, so MEDIAPRO will use GOLTV in Europe and GOLTV will have LA LIGA rights in the US as long as MEDIAPRO controls those international rights....

spam firewall