Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New customer questions - Dish and DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

All,

I will be moving to Sunnyvale, CA shortly. I would be interested in taking both Dish (Top 100 + Locals + HD + Couple of south asian internationals).

I would also be taking DirectV for the south asian hindi package.

Please confirm if a single dish would cover all the E* channels? If yes will it be 500+ or 1000+ (110,119,118.7 and 129 i think for HD locals).

What will be the approx cost for Top 100 + locals + HD package?

Will there be separate costs for HD DVR?

What are the current specials and is there any advantage with going through a retailer (AAA satellites) rather than directly with DISH?

Also for directv i would need visibility to 95 satellite for Internationals.

If my patio has clear visibility to south direction in sunnyvale (94086) will i get both dish and directv?

Thanks,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ugly

ugly

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

This is nearly what I would have asked. Good post. :)

spam firewall