Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Preseason Games

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kenpac89

kenpac89

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

Will I be able to watch live NFL pre-season games that are only being shown regionally if I have the Sports Pack? I know the NFL Network will air every game eventually, but I don't like to watch re-runs. But, if I could watch games here and there live, then that would be nice.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:38 AM

Good question, although I'm not sure how many teams include a RSN as part of their preseason affiliate network. The Redskins (CSN-MA) and Ravens (MASN) do. I think Pittsburgh does too (FSN-Pitt), but I'm not sure how many others do.

#3 OFFLINE   bscott

bscott

Legend

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:58 AM

Few of the RSN's allow you to watch preseason games from out of market. That is not an NFL or DirecTV issue, the teams themselves hold the rights to the preseason games that haven't been given to CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN or the NFL Network. The NFL network usually through the week eventually shows all the games that were televised on delay. A few years ago, lot's of the RSN's allowed subscribers with the Sports Pack to see the games. Last year I don't think I found but maybe a couple.

#4 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

If you're asking if you will be able to watch out-of-market games live through Sports Pack, based on past seasons the answer is no. Every once in a while a game slips through, but those mistakes are very rare.

I'd love to see the preseason blackouts eliminated, but I'm afraid the NFL Network replays are all we're likely to get.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#5 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

the nfl preseason games have nothing at all to do with sports pack. sports pack has regional sports networks, only few of which broadcast nfl games. nfl preseason games are shown on local affiliates...for the most part.

#6 OFFLINE   kenpac89

kenpac89

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:42 AM

the nfl preseason games have nothing at all to do with sports pack. sports pack has regional sports networks, only few of which broadcast nfl games. nfl preseason games are shown on local affiliates...for the most part.

Some of them do show games. I know that the Redskins and Ravens have their games on RSNs (I live in their area), and I know the Pittsburgh RSN shows the Steeler games.

#7 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Some of them do show games. I know that the Redskins and Ravens have their games on RSNs (I live in their area), and I know the Pittsburgh RSN shows the Steeler games.

But you can only get them if you live in their market.

#8 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:49 AM

thats why i said only a few. i live in ohio and fox sports ohio and sports time ohio are our regional networks and all browns preseason games are shown on local channel 3 only.

#9 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,649 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

I know the NFL Network will air every game eventually, but I don't like to watch re-runs.

nfln doesnt replay the games that were on national tv fox, cbs, nbc, espn.

#10 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 884 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

Good question, although I'm not sure how many teams include a RSN as part of their preseason affiliate network. The Redskins (CSN-MA) and Ravens (MASN) do. I think Pittsburgh does too (FSN-Pitt), but I'm not sure how many others do.

Both Ravens and Redskins games were black outed for outside viewing areas last year.

#11 OFFLINE   RonOhio

RonOhio

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

thats why i said only a few. i live in ohio and fox sports ohio and sports time ohio are our regional networks and all browns preseason games are shown on local channel 3 only.

SportsTime Ohio shows replays of Browns games in HD. I don't think D* will carry in HD though.

http://www.sportstim...day=8&year=2008
HR20-700, HR10-250 (2), HDVR2
AT-9 dish to Zinwell 6x8 switch
Wired Network to Router
OTA enabled , Outdoor Antenna
Toshiba 57HDX82 , Native OFF- Locked 1080i

#12 OFFLINE   lowmazda

lowmazda

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

SportsTime Ohio shows replays of Browns games in HD. I don't think D* will carry in HD though.

http://www.sportstim...day=8&year=2008

Umm..

If Directv passes on the feed of Sportstime Ohio HD they receive, how would they not show it in whatever format STO shows it?

Talking about AFTER Directv turns it in to a 24/7 channel.

EDIT:

I see your posting a link for this week. It won't be in HD. Wait till next week.

#13 OFFLINE   RonOhio

RonOhio

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

Word is STO won't be going HD 24/7 for a while usually they only show the Indians games in HD.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=134691
HR20-700, HR10-250 (2), HDVR2
AT-9 dish to Zinwell 6x8 switch
Wired Network to Router
OTA enabled , Outdoor Antenna
Toshiba 57HDX82 , Native OFF- Locked 1080i

#14 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:47 PM

Some of the preseason games are live on your local channels. Here in los angeles i believe ktla and kcal show the raiders and i beleive the rams and or chargers.

#15 OFFLINE   SF49ers

SF49ers

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

i think DTV should put the preseason game on NFL sunday ticket

#16 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

i think DTV should put the preseason game on NFL sunday ticket

It's not up to them, and it's not even up to the NFL. Unlike the regular season, each individual team owns the TV rights to their pre-season games. So DirecTV would have to work out separate deals with all 32 teams, which just isn't worth the hassle.

#17 OFFLINE   HJJ

HJJ

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

nfln doesnt replay the games that were on national tv fox, cbs, nbc, espn.

I seem to remember seeing a couple of national preseason games re-broadcast on NFL Network. It is not like they do not have rights to them since they re-broadcast regular season games with NFL replay. The NFL Network pre-season games usually are the local broadcasts for each team alternating at halftime.

This is really the best time to have NFL Network since you have access to virtually all preseason games. Most of the games will be in HD and about 8 of them will be live. Here is a link to their upcoming presason schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/n...eo&confirm=true

#18 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,649 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

I seem to remember seeing a couple of national preseason games re-broadcast on NFL Network.

i checked the scheds fast & i cant see a national game that nfln is replaying....if u can find any let me know id be interested to see if they changed policy because i thought that was always the case.

#19 OFFLINE   jhstn58

jhstn58

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Last year NFLN DID replay a lot of the (non-network) pre-season games. If I recall correctly, they played them throughout the weekend the games were played. I saw every Steelers pre-game last year as a result. if they do it again this year, be mindful that your team's game can be at anytime day or night, so check the listings.

#20 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

Probably most of the locally produced Preseason games will not be in HD.
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...