DIRECTV delivers complete coverage of the 2008 Summer Games with Interactive TV, On-Demand Videos and a dedicated channel range.
More information available at directv.com/china2008
Olympic dedicated channel range: Ch. 750-756.
For the 2008 Summer Games, DIRECTV complements NBC´s broadcast of over 750 hours of live coverage with an interactive application, on-demand video a dedicated channel range to create an easy-to-use, exciting Olympics Experience.
All of NBC Universal´s cable networks plus dedicated basketball and soccer channels, all in one convenient range.
- Dedicated Channel range:
- DIRECTV will mirror all existing cable networks in a dedicated Olympics channel range 750-756.
- Basketball and Soccer
- Special HD basketball and soccer channels during the Summer Games.
- Feeds will be live for 12 hours a day.
- Mandarin and Korean Language Channels
- Special Mandarin and Korean language channels covering the Summer Games.
- Feeds will be live for 6 hours a day.
- Korean feed: Ch.2085
- Chinese feed: Ch.2053
- USA (SD/HD)242/750
- CNBC (SD/HD)355/751
- MSNBC (SD Only)356/752
- Oxygen (SD Only)251/753
- Basketball (HD Only)NA/754
- Soccer (HD Only)NA/755
- Universal HD (HD Only)74, 259/756
- Mandarin Channel (SD Only)2053/NA
- Korean Channel (SD Only)2085/NA
- Olympics Only Channel range appears in guide Aug 8, 2008
- As Basketball, Soccer, Mandarin, and Korean channels do not begin until 8/9, these channels will remain unmapped on Aug 8, 2008
The Menu is available through the RED color key on the remote.
- NBC Olympics Guide
A detailed NBC Olympics Guide shows customers current and upcoming events. The guide lists by events by sport on the right and the individual events on the right. Program information will be updated in real-time.
- Medal Count
A full-screen, country-by-country count of the total medals awarded, updated dynamically as medals are awarded. Three columns display the number of Gold, Silver and Bronze medals captured by each country, along with each country’s total medals.
- Today’s Trivia
This quiz provides 2008 Olympic news to viewers in the form of an interactive challenge. New questions are posted each day relating to the Olympic events in Beijing from the previous 2-3 days.
A “Welcome Snipe”will appear on first tune to any cable network or any additional Olympics-only Channel.
- Advertises the availability of interactive features
- Highlights links to bonus coverage.
An “Attract Icon” will be used throughout the day, reminding viewers of the availability of the interactive features.
Sports Mix Banner
A banner will appear persistently on Sports Mix at bottom of the screen for the duration of the Games advertising the Olympics Experience channel range.
On Demand Videos
Additional Olympics video content -- including previews, historical reviews and athlete profiles with select programs in HD -- is available On Demand within the DIRECTV on Demand service.
- Pre-Games Content
- Previews, historical reviews, athlete profiles
- Available up to 30-days before games begin
- In-Games Content
- Daily highlights by sport
- Encores—long-form replay of the 5 best sessions/games per day