Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cox Cable Box Fees

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dave

Dave

Icon

• Registered
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:27 AM

Just checking the Cox web site for Arizona locations. They are getting a premium fee for there HD DVR boxes. Remember this is per box. Rental for each box is $ 18 plus a $ 5 service fee besides. Bringing the total for EACH HD DVR BOX to $ 23 per month. So all of you unhappy campers in the Arizona area thinking about switching. Get ready to spend some big bucks for cable. Remember this is just a per box fee for your HD TV. The channel fees are a whole new ball game. But this is COX cable in Arizona.:nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:37 AM

It is similar in Las Vegas (where I used to live). I called Cox Tucson when I recieved a flyer for the $99.00 bundle of internet, phone and digital cable. I currently have 4 HD DVRs and 2 SD DVRs. I'd be over $100 in DVR fees before I even considered which programming package I'd get. It puts the $4.99 mirror/lease fee to rest pretty quick.

Add to that, Cox took two years to get the big four nets in HD locally. When I first started deciding where to go (after 5 years with dish), it became obvious that Cox wasn't a choice either. Even with their HD DVR and fees, I wouldn't have been able to record network HD. Of course, now they offer all HD locals, but I'd never consider them as an option with those outrageous fees.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...