Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket Deal - Just secured

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

I got this deal on Monday.

ST $74.99
Premier $0 4 months
HD access $0 4 months
DVR $0 4 months
AAA discount $10 off 24 months
Referral discount $50
Showtime 1 year free
$12 credit 4 months off premier for free showtime
Nascar Hotpass free
1 month free Gamelounge
S&H free
Install free
HD-DVR receiver free
DVR receiver free
SD receiver free

One question, do you think that I will get hit for a $10 downgrade fee when I down grade my package to the HD+DVR package after the 4 months?

If you are getting the Premier package for free then why would there be $12 off it for the first 4 months? $12 off of free would be free lol. Also to answer your last question I dont think there is a downgrade package. When I got mine last week I was told that I just have to keep a $29.99 package for 2 years.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   mattpol

mattpol

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

So after an unsuccessful attempt to get this deal last week, I was finally able to tonight.

After some slight cajoling of the phone agent, she agreed to give me the "Winback" deal, Sunday Ticket for $74.99 (x4 monthly payments) and 4 free months of Premier. I then pushed my luck a bit and asked for Superfan. She laughed a bit, and then compromised and gave me Superfan for 50% off. I thought that was more than fair, and gladly accepted!

FYI, I was currently a Premier subscriber and had been for about 2 years. Another FYI, she had to bill me for the full cost of Superfan ($99), and then issued an immediate credit for $49.50. I got an immediate email confirmed the $49.50 credit.

Good stuff, DirecTV!

#183 OFFLINE   iluvtv

iluvtv

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

so if the -1 st channels are showing up in blue (not shaded) does that mean i will get the games in hd?

#184 OFFLINE   24Elvis

24Elvis

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

Shalverson

I have a customer for a little over 2 years. I had just got a new HD DVR receiver about 8 months ago for just the cost of shipping.

What I did was call and tell them a friend (all of you on DBSTalk) had just got the deal and was woundering if I could. On the phone no CSR could get it for me so I tried by sending an e-mail. That is when the sent me the number to call and they did it with no issues.

#185 OFFLINE   shalverson

shalverson

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:07 AM

24Elvis,

I tried by phone first. All I could get was $20 off of the ST package. I said no thanks. The second time by phone no ST, but 3 months of Showtime and Starz.

I then tried the e-mail. Someone called and said what was offered on phone was the best they could do. Second email try...same offer. I complained and they said they will give me a $10 credit for 6 months also, but no ST. I complained again and they gave me a phone number with a PIN# to enter. The guy that answered sounded very confused and couldn't understand why they asked me to call. He wouldn't budge on what was already offered.

I later received another phone call. They would not give me anything in addition to what was already offered. I have no idea why they called to tell me nothing. I asked why all these other people are getting the new customer pkg., and she did not have an answer.

I think they broke me. I don't know what else to do other than give up!

Thanks,

Scott

#186 ONLINE   ronkuba

ronkuba

Legend

• Registered
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

Last year I got this deal. Hope they offer it again this year. :)

spam firewall