Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Go Spurs Go! LAKERS ARE OUT!!!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:52 AM

Wow! What a series so far. The Lakers just don't seem to be stepping up to the plate this year. Looks like there might not be a 4-peat. Nothing would please me more than to watch the Spurs take the Lakers down. It would be sweet revenge after the last couple years.

BTW: For those who don't know, right now the Spurs are winning 2-0 against the Lakers. They play their next game in LA on Friday.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Glenn

Glenn

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:56 PM

And nothing would please me more than watching the Kings stick it to the Lakers. After the last couple of years, it feels as though even if the Kings go all the way, if they don't beat the Lakers then it wouldn't really "count".

But even with all that, I can't say I'm really rooting for the Lakers to make it past this round. The Spurs are kicking LA's ass, and good for them!

#3 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:56 PM

I would be happy if Sacramento went all the way. They deserve it! I'm a Spurs fan but I also like Sacramento because they have some real good players.

Spurs or Kings, doesn't matter. As long as its NOT the Lakers.

#4 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:14 PM

I was tuned in last night as well. When the Spurs went up by 33 at one point we were all dancing a jig at our house. That was one totally awesome performance to watch if you were a Spurs fan. A real team effort.

The Lakers are going to have a hard time getting past round 2 with Fox and George out with injuries and now what looked like a half speed Kobe Bryant thrown in to boot.

4peat No Way!
Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

#5 OFFLINE   Mike

Mike

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:47 PM

Go Lakers! Phooey on the 2 games in San Antonio. Real team shows up tomorrow night! I hope.....:) Series has literally stunk so far. I couldn't even watch last night's game and we had a party. We (mostly I) listened to Wild/Canucks game instead. Lakers now in 7..

#6 ONLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 09 May 2003 - 01:23 AM

Usually, when a team wins the first game of a seven game series, that team ends up winning the series.

It's even more rare for a team to come back from a 3-0 deficit and win four games in a row. Correction: No team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a series.

And yeowch, paybacks a *****. Sacramento trounces Dallas in game one, Dallas trounces Sacramento in game two, and games three and four are on Saturday and Sunday in Sacramento. And two of the key Kings are injured.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#7 ONLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 09 May 2003 - 01:40 AM

Ah, heres the links:

http://www.nba.com/p...ven_series.html
http://www.nba.com/p..._1_winners.html
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera

#8 Guest_David Stern_*

Guest_David Stern_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2003 - 03:00 PM

You guys know damn well the NBA won't let the lakers lose...

#9 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:26 AM

Damn! The Spurs choked last night.

#10 Guest_David Stern_*

Guest_David Stern_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:13 AM

Of course they did... You didn't think we would let you beat them. We also made sure that Chris Webber would be out for the next series and the Lakers own the Mavs. My plan worked perfectly.

#11 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:58 AM

Was it also your idea for the Kings/Mavs to play back-to-back games at Arco this weekend?

#12 Guest_David Stern_*

Guest_David Stern_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2003 - 11:22 AM

See you are understanding how I work. Now I just have to get the Knicks the first pick in the draft and my plan is done....

We appreciate you routing for lesser teams, but we really don't need you.

#13 OFFLINE   Mike

Mike

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 03:10 PM

Nice of David to make an appearance on this site. LOL! :P :)
Why was Jordan booted out of Washington?

#14 ONLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 10 May 2003 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image
Members of Beale Air Force Base's 940th Air Refueling Wing are cheering on the Sacramento Kings from southern Iraq. Their photograph made the e-mail rounds in the capital region Tuesday after being sent from Tallil air base, where the troops are keeping tabs on the Kings in the playoffs.

Sacramento Bee Story

#15 Guest_David Stern_*

Guest_David Stern_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:56 AM

Originally posted by Mike
Nice of David to make an appearance on this site. LOL! :P :)
Why was Jordan booted out of Washington?

To help with the new franchise in North Carolina.

#16 Guest_David Stern_*

Guest_David Stern_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2003 - 06:18 PM

See I told you I'd work it out. Now I just have to get some better players on the Lakers and Knicks.... Maybe Karl Malone and Elton Brand on the Lakers and Tim Duncan and Lamar Odom on the Knicks to go along with their first pick in the draft. I think they should pick Carmelo Anthony since he is known by the NY'ers...

#17 OFFLINE   Mike

Mike

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:52 PM

Hey commish -

Are you too busy to register at the site? :)
Who's going to win the Dallas series and why?
What teams in the East is the commish looking to improve soon to compete with the West in 2004?
Do the Lakers win Tuesday night to win it all on ABC Thursday or does the NBA need a game 7 on Saturday?

#18 Guest_David Stern_*

Guest_David Stern_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2003 - 12:54 PM

Originally posted by Mike
Who's going to win the Dallas series and why?

Well we at the NBA don't really care. We made sure Chris Webber was done so he couldn't carry the series on his own and we like the way its gone so far. Either team sets up well for the Lakers match-up and thats the way we like it.

What teams in the East is the commish looking to improve soon to compete with the West in 2004?

Well we like the Knicks. That's going to be a total gut job, but we feel though the draft and free agency we can take care of that one. We also like the Pistons and Celtics doing well. We have kept the Nets going because of our trouble with our NY franchise, but now that we will take care of the Knicks, the Nets will fade back to clipper level.

Do the Lakers win Tuesday night to win it all on ABC Thursday or does the NBA need a game 7 on Saturday?

We of course would like to wrap the game up on ABC to get a national audience, but we do like a 7th game to increase revenue. We do not expect the series to go to a 7th game though and would love to end it in LA in front of LA fans.

#19 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:05 PM

But, Mr. Stern, wasn't the ratings higher for the Kings-Lakers series last year than the Lakers-Nets series?

#20 Guest_David Stern_*

Guest_David Stern_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:06 PM

Very true, which is why we believe we need to "fix' the Knicks franchise. No one here at the NBA think anyone in the east can beat the top 6 teams in the west. This is why I must fix the Knicks and restore the finals to the place it should. People watched the Lakers-Kings last year because they knew it was going to be a good series even though we at the NBA were making sure the Kings wouldn't win. Now no one including those in New Jersey even though that the Nets would win more than one game.

My goal is to make sure the Knicks, Pistons or Celtics are champs in the East next year and that the Lakers will be able to go for their 5th championship in a row. What I'd like to see is that fifth come with the Knicks and then we can let the Lakers fall back to the pack out west and let the Rockets or Suns rise to lose to a East Coast team in 2005.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...