Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Do some installers sell HDMI cables on the side?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jckm

jckm

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

i wouldn't be supprise that the installer took your hdmi and sell it to another customers. We got few of these shady installers that make good installers to have a bad rep!!!!!!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Wukillabeez78

Wukillabeez78

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:14 AM

The same thing happened to me during my install two days ago. I was going from Time Warner Cable to DirecTV. With Time Warner I also had HD-DVR receivers so I had three HDMI cables already hooked up. The DirecTV installer came and when he opened the boxes of the HR21-100's all three of them had HDMI cords inside. He said "Oh, you already have HDMI cords connected" and just used the ones I had since they were already connected. When he left he also left the empty receiver boxes and the HDMI cords were no where to be found. Didn't really bother me because I'd planned to use mine anyway and wasn't sure if DirecTV provided them (Time Warner Cable only gives you component cables so I'd bought my HDMI cords). It's interesting though to think that installers might very well be selling them on the side. What else would they do with them?

#23 OFFLINE   the new guy

the new guy

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

I suppose there is an outside chance some of the installers may have a cable fetish.

"Oh, you've been a very naughty cable, haven't you? Am I going to have to connect you to an adapter? You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

:biggrin:

#24 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

It's interesting though to think that installers might very well be selling them on the side. What else would they do with them?

They tie the cables together and use them to escape out the window of the local office when they should be watching a training videos. :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...