Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Post Install Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dudemaui

dudemaui

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

Ive just installed and aimed my round dish (one dish setup aimed at 101)...i got readings mostly between the mid 70's range to the mid 80's on some transponders, and some transponders in the upper 60's range. im not an expert dish aimer, so i decided it was good enough of a signal and didnt wanna mess with getting a better signal...because it took me over an hour the first try...got frustrated, took a break for an hour, then went back to aiming the dish...and got it after almost another hour, hehe.

anyhow, so after i got the dish aimed, i turned off and turned the receiver back on and it showed a screen where it says its downloading the 7 day guide/data for the next 24hrs, and after a few minutes i noticed that the progress bar was at 99%...this was about 4pm Hawaii time yesterday...it is now a little after 2pm the next day and its still showing the same screen and the same progress of 99%...seems like its frozen??? After almost 24hrs, is the progress bar suppose to still show at 99% What am i suppose to see on the screen once the 7 day guide/data is finished downloading? I dont wanna touch any of the remote button just incase i disturb the download and have to re-download the 7 day guide again?

Also, can someone tell me which satellite and what transponder(s) the NFLST will be on, as this is the reason why i got DTV...if ive aimed my dish at the wrong satellite, i wanna make sure i re-aim it and have everything setup right before the season starts, hehe...THANKS ALOT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

Ive just installed and aimed my round dish (one dish setup aimed at 101)...i got readings mostly between the mid 70's range to the mid 80's on some transponders, and some transponders in the upper 60's range. im not an expert dish aimer, so i decided it was good enough of a signal and didnt wanna mess with getting a better signal...because it took me over an hour the first try...got frustrated, took a break for an hour, then went back to aiming the dish...and got it after almost another hour, hehe.

anyhow, so after i got the dish aimed, i turned off and turned the receiver back on and it showed a screen where it says its downloading the 7 day guide/data for the next 24hrs, and after a few minutes i noticed that the progress bar was at 99%...this was about 4pm Hawaii time yesterday...it is now a little after 2pm the next day and its still showing the same screen and the same progress of 99%...seems like its frozen??? After almost 24hrs, is the progress bar suppose to still show at 99% What am i suppose to see on the screen once the 7 day guide/data is finished downloading? I dont wanna touch any of the remote button just incase i disturb the download and have to re-download the 7 day guide again?

Also, can someone tell me which satellite and what transponder(s) the NFLST will be on, as this is the reason why i got DTV...if ive aimed my dish at the wrong satellite, i wanna make sure i re-aim it and have everything setup right before the season starts, hehe...THANKS ALOT

Reboot it. You've got to have a good signal on transponder 2 on the 101 (Channel 100 is actually your guide info disguised as a ppv preview channel) sat to get the guide right. I'm not sure about what xponder sunday ticket comes off of but this table should help:
http://www.widemovie...ansponders.html

#3 OFFLINE   dudemaui

dudemaui

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

[quote name='Johnnie5000']Reboot it. You've got to have a good signal on transponder 2 on the 101 (Channel 100 is actually your guide info disguised as a ppv preview channel) sat to get the guide right. I'm not sure about what xponder

thanks for your response...

i rebooted (unplugged power cord from wall and waited about 10sec then plugged it back in). got the satellite setup screens, entered all info, then got the DOWNLOADING 7 DAY GUIDE/DATA again...after a few minutes, progress bar went up to 99% again...and its been at 99% for about 15minutes now.
is there something wrong with my receiver. as suggested by prior response post, signal strenght should be good on trans#2...im getting between 70 and 75 on that transponder.

i pressed the guide and menu button on the receiver and on the remote control but nothing happens...screen remains on the downloading guide/data screen and stuck at 99%. i cant exit the downloading guide screen. any help/suggestion?

#4 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

[quote name='dudemaui'][quote name='Johnnie5000']Reboot it. You've got to have a good signal on transponder 2 on the 101 (Channel 100 is actually your guide info disguised as a ppv preview channel) sat to get the guide right. I'm not sure about what xponder

thanks for your response...

i rebooted (unplugged power cord from wall and waited about 10sec then plugged it back in). got the satellite setup screens, entered all info, then got the DOWNLOADING 7 DAY GUIDE/DATA again...after a few minutes, progress bar went up to 99% again...and its been at 99% for about 15minutes now.
is there something wrong with my receiver. as suggested by prior response post, signal strenght should be good on trans#2...im getting between 70 and 75 on that transponder.

i pressed the guide and menu button on the receiver and on the remote control but nothing happens...screen remains on the downloading guide/data screen and stuck at 99%. i cant exit the downloading guide screen. any help/suggestion?[/quote]

one of more of your transponders is too low. it does freeze but should be only for 3 min or less
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#5 OFFLINE   Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

im getting between 70 and 75 on that transponder.

Try to get it up to around 90%. If it still locks up, replace the receiver.

#6 OFFLINE   dudemaui

dudemaui

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

Try to get it up to around 90%. If it still locks up, replace the receiver.

Thanks guys...
I did adjust the dish this morning (wednesday) for better signal, got signal up an extra 5 - 10 points higher, unplugged receiver than waited 10sec to plug it back in...went thru all da satellite setup screen, then went to the DOWNLOADING GUIDE/DATA screen...

Went out to do some errands and when i came back couple hours later, it got pass the 99% statur bar... it actually completed the download. Now im watching DTV again after being away for five years with my local cable company. Im going thru the guide

As far as the NFLST channels, i see it on the channel guide from #706 - #717, so i guess im all set?

Thanks to all that helped me and suggested i get a better signal...it did help me get pass the "downloading guide/data @ 99%" screen

spam firewall