Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I Am So Frustrated!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ragincajun

Ragincajun

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

Okay so here is the premise:

I am moving into a brand new apt complex.
I sceduled install 3 weeks ago. I took off of work to be there for the 9-1 window. At 12:30 I get a call saying they must cancel. They said I would get a call back in 48 hours. After 2 weeks pass I get aggrevated and I call back, they say we are not sure why you were not called, but we can schedule you for This friday 9-1. I say ok. I just wanted the DVR package. So today I change my mind and decide I want the HD package. I really want the HD / DVR but refuse to pay 100 bucks for it. I know I am cheap.

Well the CSR tells me that because the install is within 48 hours they have to push my install back to Monday if I want to change boxes!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,689 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

Welcome to DBSTalk!

Let us know how the installation goes. We've heard much worse stories, by the way :)
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

Ya, the messages take awhile to come down the line sadly.

Best of luck on your install though!
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#4 OFFLINE   Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

Just keep in mind, when you call d*, you're talking to someone possibly thousands of miles away who usually has jack-squat to do with the install process.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...