Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mounting a Dish on a Trailer?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:25 AM

You could add something like this to the outside of the trailer next to the dish mount so that it would be easier to manage your cables. It says it is a kit for satellite internet but it would work just as good for sat tv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Tiger62

Tiger62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:42 AM

I am looking at the wall mount shown in below link.. http://www.beachaudi...CFQ9KQgodq37rgw

To answer your original question, that mount won't work. There's no way to lock it in place.

BTW, don't get too bent out of shape about the "plumb thing". The ONLY benefit of the plumb mast is that it makes it easier to initially "find" the 101 sat. using the Az/El presets from Dishpointer.com

#23 OFFLINE   RonH

RonH

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

You could add something like this to the outside of the trailer next to the dish mount so that it would be easier to manage your cables. It says it is a kit for satellite internet but it would work just as good for sat tv.

Thanks for that Link,I definitely need to get some of those items.

Ron

#24 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

stop by a muffler shop and just get a length of tubing.. run it straight up a side..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#25 OFFLINE   RonH

RonH

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:50 AM

To answer your original question, that mount won't work. There's no way to lock it in place.

BTW, don't get too bent out of shape about the "plumb thing". The ONLY benefit of the plumb mast is that it makes it easier to initially "find" the 101 sat. using the Az/El presets from Dishpointer.com

Thanks, I really didn't think that would be the Best solution that is why I wanted input from you guys. I found these pictures from another site that seems to be the way to go.

http://www.ccis.com/...eth/mydish1.jpg

http://www.ccis.com/...eth/mydish2.jpg

Ron

#26 OFFLINE   Tiger62

Tiger62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

stop by a muffler shop and just get a length of tubing.. run it straight up a side..

Now this is a great suggestion!

(Cue the Plumb Nuts :lol: )

#27 OFFLINE   RonH

RonH

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

Sounds like a plan to me. I guess the key to this or any solution is when whatever is mounted make sure it at 90 degrees and level as possible?

#28 OFFLINE   eakes

eakes

Godfather

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

If I were doing it, I would have a jack for each corner of the trailer to take the 'slack' out of the suspension so I would have as stable a platform as practicable. One could also attach the pole to the side of the trailer through brackets that could be adjusted to help plumb the mast.

#29 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:44 AM

Sounds like a plan to me. I guess the key to this or any solution is when whatever is mounted make sure it at 90 degrees and level as possible?

You got it. The mount doesn't have to be perfectly plumb but you do want it as close as possible. There have been many threads around here where people have lost one or more satellites because their mount wasn't plumb.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...