Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Install Today

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mainea

Mainea

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

Ok, having install as we speak. Guy showed up on time, is friendly and seems knowledgeable. I gave him my top two preferences for dish location, both on the roof. My first choice would not have worked for half of the HD channels because of a stand of cedar trees. He went to my second choice, also on the roof, said I'd get everything there. So he mounted it and also half way down the roof so the dish would not be too visible from the street side. Now he is pulling cable to the tv locations. Just thought I mention all of this because I usually read negative installs here. Now I can't wait to play.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

Make sure he properly peaks and secures the dish, uses silicone and tightens all bolts. And don't forget about grounding.
No longer doing DBS work, but missing every moment of it.

#3 OFFLINE   Mainea

Mainea

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

Make sure he properly peaks and secures the dish, uses silicone and tightens all bolts. And don't forget about grounding.

Thanks,
I watched him silicone after he lagged the base to the roof. He used 2 support legs and he grounded his block to the water main in basement.

Currently he is connecting all of the cables in the basement to the grounding block. He is planning on using existing video jacks and cable in the main living area and bedrooms. Luckily I had double video jacks rum to each tv location about 5 years ago. Which he liked for the HDDVR.

#4 OFFLINE   Mainea

Mainea

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

Thanks,
I watched him silicone after he lagged the base to the roof. He used 2 support legs and he grounded his block to the water main in basement.

Currently he is connecting all of the cables in the basement to the grounding block. He is planning on using existing video jacks and cable in the main living area and bedrooms. Luckily I had double video jacks rum to each tv location about 5 years ago. Which he liked for the HDDVR.

So my install went flawlessly from beginning to end. I have been watching almost non stop except to go to sleep last night. I have been looking at some of my signal numbers and some seem low. 101 generally ranges 94 -100 except for transponder 26 is showing 65. 110 is showing 94, 87, 91; 119 has a range of 92 - 100; 99a ranges 79-94 with a 0 on transponder 2; 99b ranges 72-96 on transponder 2-5 and 0 on transponder 15-24; 103 is showing 103a has 100 on transponder 1 and 5 and 98 on 18 but everything else is 0; 103b ranges 78-92. We had pretty heavy rain about half hour ago and pic quality seemed good. Please advise if I should adjust.

#5 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

Wouldn't worry about it.. looks like he lined it up pretty good..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...