Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Looking for a job

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   remccain

remccain

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

As many of you may know, DTV bought out Bruister & Assoc. this month.
I was one of the many that was terminated. Why? Don't know. I'll be getting the severance package next week. Probably because I told them that I was up for a raise and a bonus on the 20th and expected it to be honored.
Unfortunately, I happened to like my job a lot and I'm really pissed over being termed.:mad:

So anyway, I've been with Bruister for a year. 6 months of installs and the last 6 months as a service tech. I like service work. Service work is not as easy as most installs, but I like the challenge of discovering the problem and fixing it.

Is anyone hiring on the Northshore? (washington / st. tammany parish)

I currently have no equipment (cov tech), but I have $4000 set back to purchase a truck and equipment. I could be up and running in just a few days.
Hopefully someone out there can help - I have a mortgage and five kids and job hunting for a month or two is not an option.

Edward (will work for food) McCain

Bogalusa, LA.

Edited by remccain, 10 May 2009 - 11:03 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,301 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

No direct help, but tons of moral support beaming your way from Coastal Georgia.
I'm wishing you the very best of luck and, If I may, I would like to add you and your
family to my prayer list.

#3 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,819 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

Yes...best luck indeed.

My guess is you'll have better luck in the Baton Rouge area....especially since LIL's are supposed to be growing there soon...
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

https://careersearch...YhGu1X92kgVMQKw..

This is the dish network career search site, they list some installation jobs here maybe you can find something.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#5 OFFLINE   MattDL

MattDL

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

I was one of the many that was terminated. Why? Don't know. I'll be getting the severance package next week. Probably because I told them that I was up for a raise and a bonus on the 20th and expected it to be honored.
Unfortunately, I happened to like my job a lot and I'm really pissed over being termed.:mad:

So anyway, I've been with Bruister for a year. 6 months of installs and the last 6 months as a service tech. I like service work. Service work is not as easy as most installs, but I like the challenge of discovering the problem and fixing it.

I currently have no equipment (cov tech), but I have $4000 set back to purchase a truck and equipment. I could be up and running in just a few days.
Hopefully someone out there can help - I have a mortgage and five kids and job hunting for a month or two is not an option.

cell - 985.516.6441
Bogalusa, LA.

You may want to check with HughesNet. They have installation fulfillment opportunities available in many areas where a sales agent sells a contract and they send you the installation order to complete. You'd need to have a business entity set up (at least a sole proprietorship). Granted, it's not DBS work but the installs are not too difficult and many DBS techs are also HughesNet certified.

If you wanted to move to Flagstaff, AZ, I know of a company looking for one or two satellite techs.

Best of luck to you.

#6 OFFLINE   mjtville

mjtville

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

cell - 985.516.6441
Bogalusa, LA.

Hey Edward,

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll reply with an address to a website that may help you in the search for a new job. mjtville@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Mike

#7 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,301 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

The OP, remccain, hasn't acknowleged any responses here, or posted
anywhere else on the site since his initial post of Aug 15, almost two weeks
ago. Hopefully, he found a job, but we may never know unless he posts again.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#8 OFFLINE   mjtville

mjtville

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:26 PM

Thanks Nick!

I personally like to hear success stories!!!!

#9 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

His last activity was August 20th. So, it appears that he was showing up for a while and then dropped off.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#10 OFFLINE   brandnewhawk

brandnewhawk

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

good luck!

#11 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Wish the best for him! Hopefully he found something that worked out for him and his family.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...