Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Wilkes-Barre-Scranton, PA

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mrkish

mrkish

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

I was thinking something happened to my tv, could have been a great excuse to upgrade the tv..lol

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

If you look at the fox web site right now it says there hd signal is back online with the help of wyou and wbre but D* still is broadcasting in SD. They are on a diffrent channel but I would think D* could pick up these channels if they would make a change.

#23 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, they only switched the feed for fiber customers D still on the SD only feed at least for a month.
Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#24 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

I think you need to read the report on their web site.
They have their over the air back online.
Or does this mean only SD over the air I thought it was for the HD signal.

WOLF-TV and WQMY-TV Signals Back On the Air with the Partnership

of WBRE and WYOU

PLAINS, PA - WOLF-TV (local FOX affiliate) and WQMY (local My Network TV affiliate), serving the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton DMA, will be temporarily simulcast on the digital tire of WBRE (NBC affiliate) and WYOU (CBS affiliate). Earlier this week, WOLF-TV engineers discovered the transmission line at their main broadcast tower had been irreparably damaged, which interrupted the over-the-air signal for its affiliates. Effective Friday, December 9th, the FOX affiliate (WOLF-TV) will be temporarily broadcast on digital channel 28.2 and the MY NETWORK affiliate (WQMY-TV) will be temporarily broadcast on digital channel 22.2. Engineers estimate that replacement of the transmission line will be completed over the next four weeks.

Three high-powered bullets pierced a transmission line for WOLF-TV on Penobscot Mountain on December 4th, causing the line to fail and affecting coverage in parts of the station's viewing area. Despite the damage, 90 percent of the viewers in Northeastern Pennsylvania are able to see FOX, The CW and My Network TV without interruption.

WOLF General Manager Jon Cadman stated, "We are grateful to WBRE and WYOU for their technical support during this unanticipated broadcast interruption. Viewers are encouraged to call WOLF-TV at 570-970-5600 or visit our website, myfoxnepa.com, if further details are needed regarding the temporary arrangements for our broadcasts."

Viewers which received WOLF-TV and WQMY-TV signals over-the-air using an antennae are advised to rescan their digital box to pick up 28.2 and 22.2.

Instructions
1.Switch on your TV set and digital-television receiver and tune to a channel.
2.Press "Menu" on the receiver's remote control handset.
3.Find and select the "Setup" or "Installation" option on the menu.
4.Identify and select the "Tuning," "Auto-tune," "Channel Scan," or "Auto-scan" option. The descriptor will vary by system. If in doubt, consult the instruction manual.
5.Wait for the receiver to scan all available channels. This may take a few minutes.
6.Press "Yes" when prompted to save the new channels.
7.Exit all menus and restart your digital-television receiver.

WBRE Vice President and General Manager Lou Abitabilo added, "As FCC licensees, our first commitment is to serving our local community. New Age Media extended us important support in September, by allowing WBRE to broadcast at their facility during the floods that impacted our area, thereby enabling the station to continue providing critical local news and updates on the status of the storms, floods and damage. We are pleased to reciprocate in their time of need as it will enable our community to continue to receive programming on these affiliates in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton market."

#25 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

I actually called them the engineering mgr said they were able to get the hd feed with the help of another station but only through fiber D had only been restored to sd.
Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#26 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

But on the site as I have posted they say their over the air has been restored and people who get it this way need to rescan their boxes to get the new channels. I dont know I am confused. If this is the case thou if D* would change what channel they are picking up would that not get the HD signal back?

#27 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

All I can see on my end after redoing the guide to look for hd and sd again the hd feed is still in sd.
Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#28 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Are you talking about over the air or thru D*. Thru D* all I get is SD also.
I wish somebody who can get them over the air would let us know if it is SD or HD.
I am in Clinton County and cant get over the air.

#29 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

I just turned to the CW and it coming in at 1080I. I cant beleive this they finally got the CW for us. I hope its not a mistake and it stays.

It looks like we have to change our season passes also. Mine are still pointing to the SD version which is not shown on the guide.

#30 OFFLINE   dvisthe

dvisthe

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

I just turned to the CW and it coming in at 1080I. I cant beleive this they finally got the CW for us. I hope its not a mistake and it stays.

It looks like we have to change our season passes also. Mine are still pointing to the SD version which is not shown on the guide.

Great find, I usally dont even pay attention to the CW because it was in SD and it looked extra terrible. OTA was looked good when I could get it.
Now I have another channel to watch!
Now if they can add 16-2, (not that that would happen)I wont need my antenna at all (except for a backup)

#31 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

So the only local left not in HD is MY, even though I watch nothing on that channel it would be nice to get it to complete the local HD lineup. As a side note why can't we get WNEP 2 from satellite?
Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#32 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,822 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

So the only local left not in HD is MY, even though I watch nothing on that channel it would be nice to get it to complete the local HD lineup. As a side note why can't we get WNEP 2 from satellite?

The only subchannels DirecTV has is those that operate as the affiliate of one of the major networks for a given market and select PBS subchannels in some markets.

#33 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Looks like D reached agreement to keep on WNEP, I wonder if the agreement included any sub channels?
Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#34 OFFLINE   marker101

marker101

Legend

• Registered
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Market is off-air on DirecTV.

#35 OFFLINE   ejhuzy

ejhuzy

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

All HD locals are off-air right now. However, I can watch SD versions of the channels. Wife is happy she can watch Dancing with the Stars. :rolleyes:

#36 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

A DirecTV data ceter covering 8 states was hit with the wrath of Sandy.

Kevin
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#37 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,824 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

DirecTV
Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349.

Thank you and stay safe.
Like · · Share · 1628942 · 10 minutes ago ·
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#38 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Ion hd was added to locals on 64
Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

#39 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,822 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

It's just a remap of Ion East from channel 305, not WQPX. They're doing it in most markets where they never added the local affiliate.

#40 OFFLINE   captaink5217

captaink5217

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

It's just a remap of Ion East from channel 305, not WQPX. They're doing it in most markets where they never added the local affiliate.

I thought that it was that, I still wish they would get some sub channels, down in the Easton area they get a ton of locals on directv

Edited by captaink5217, 09 April 2013 - 07:21 AM.

Genie HR34-700
H24-200
C31-700

spam firewall