Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Lincoln-Hastings, NE

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   jfuchtm

jfuchtm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

Here is a cached link from Google. The JS says it was an experiment, I don't think so. I think some jumped the gun.
Google Cache Link

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Non Jeff

Non Jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

Here is a cached link from Google. The JS says it was an experiment, I don't think so. I think some jumped the gun.
Google Cache Link

Bingo.

Just read that Directv showing Fox HD on KTVG doesn't mean Fox isn't moving to KOLN. Directv could easily pick up Fox HD on KOLN if it moved there from KTVG.

The rumor stays alive...

#63 OFFLINE   KSbugeater

KSbugeater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

Bingo.

Just read that Directv showing Fox HD on KTVG doesn't mean Fox isn't moving to KOLN. Directv could easily pick up Fox HD on KOLN if it moved there from KTVG.

The rumor stays alive...

Or, if KSNB, the Fox repeater in Superior, goes under, then you could have the same situation with Fox as already exists with ABC: an east and west affiliate for the same network in the same market... ? KTVG would cover the west half, KOLN 10.2 the east half. The problem is that they call it Fox 10/11, and channel 11 would horn in on KTVG.

Seems odd that KTVG would even bother to be carried on DirecTV for such a short time before going off the air... unless they're hoping to stay on DirecTV even after a change to CW or MyN or RTN or whatever network.

#64 OFFLINE   Non Jeff

Non Jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

Or, if KSNB, the Fox repeater in Superior, goes under, then you could have the same situation with Fox as already exists with ABC: an east and west affiliate for the same network in the same market... ? KTVG would cover the west half, KOLN 10.2 the east half. The problem is that they call it Fox 10/11, and channel 11 would horn in on KTVG.

Seems odd that KTVG would even bother to be carried on DirecTV for such a short time before going off the air... unless they're hoping to stay on DirecTV even after a change to CW or MyN or RTN or whatever network.

My guess is that both KTVG and KSNB will go under together. Then if KOLN/KGIN picked up FOX, the whole market area would be covered.

But you might be right - maybe Directv plans to continue to carry KTVG even if they lose Fox. But there's already a CW station, a MyTV station, and a RTN station, so what is KTVG going to carry if they lose Fox? What's left to carry?

I've read where its not unprecedented for Directv to carry a station that is going off the air, because all they have to do is "flip a switch" to carry the network from another local station. So if that's true, Directv is just trying to provide Fox HD no matter where it comes from. And if the station closes, they just switch it to the new station.

#65 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,920 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

Added FOX - KTVG (17) to the lineup
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#66 OFFLINE   Non Jeff

Non Jeff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

Spent time tonight watching everything - all HD channels (5, 8, 10, 17 and 29) rock solid on my HR20, H20, and H23 receivers. Guide info correct.

#67 OFFLINE   OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:10 PM

For the last several days, KTVG has been pretty much unwatchable because of stutering, pixelation, and audio drops on both my HR20-700's. Anybody else experiencing problems with this or is it just me?

#68 OFFLINE   SkersR1

SkersR1

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

For the last several days, KTVG has been pretty much unwatchable because of stutering, pixelation, and audio drops on both my HR20-700's. Anybody else experiencing problems with this or is it just me?

Hadn't watched KTVG for a while, but checked the first few minutes of Fringe that recorded Tuesday and it seemed fine & a quick check of live broadcast just now seems to be coming in good. Maybe the issued was correct between our posts. Hope this helps.

My receiver is a HR20-100

#69 OFFLINE   SkersR1

SkersR1

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

KOLN is almost unwatchable during the final four. I thought it might be the weather, but the problem seems to be exclusive to KOLN, well at least to the degree it is. The dreaded brrriiiip and audio drop is occuring about every 10-15 minutes today.

#70 OFFLINE   rboyken

rboyken

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

KHGI (NTV) was on when I woke up this morning on the HD locals.

Rodd

#71 OFFLINE   KSbugeater

KSbugeater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

KXVO (CW) out of OMAHA(!) is now carried, albeit only in HD version, in the Lincoln market. I think DirecTV was allowed to do this since Pappas owns the CW affils in both Lincoln and Omaha markets, and there is no HD version in the Lincoln market. This is the first instance of a "significantly viewed" out-of-market station appearing in DirecTV LiLs in this part of the country.

#72 OFFLINE   SkersR1

SkersR1

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

KXFL-TV Channel 17 - Channel is really KFXL, but directv lists it as KXFL

Audio is off about 2 seconds. Went back to look at some DVR'd shows and Fringe from 1/13 is off, but Finder from Thursday night audio seems fine.

Posted on their facebook page also, but looks like others have as well since last night with no resolution.

I really dislike this station. There are always issues. Audio and picture are always less than other channels and a lot of times they'll come back from commercial in SD until the next commercial break.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...