Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Memphis, TN

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,902 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

Please post broadcast issues with DIRECTV satellite delivered HD Local Channels only

DMA: Memphis, TN
Established: 9/13/2006

HD Locals available in this DMA
  • ABC - WPTY (24)
  • CBS - WREG (3)
  • NBC - WMC (5)
  • FOX - WHBQ (13)

For instructions, please visit this thread

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PolishPoet

PolishPoet

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

No closed captioning on Channel 3 (WREG). SD and OTA HD CC is OK. Occasionally it also disappears from channel 13 (WHBQ). Again SD and OTA HD CC is OK.
HR24-200 / HDMI thru Mtsubishi DCS-1000 to Samsung 61A750 RPTV / Harmony 700 Remote / Optical to Denon Receiver

HR24-200 / HDMI to LG LCD MRV

#3 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

When will WREG Channel 3 in Memphis, Tennessee start broadcasting there news in HD the way Channel 5 WMC is?

#4 OFFLINE   brainwaver

brainwaver

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

This past Saturday I was pleasantly surprised when I tuned into the Arkansas/Miss State football game on WLMT channel 30 and the game was in HD!!! And then I happened to flip channels the other night to WKNO and Antique Roadshow was in HD! Has DirecTV finally added WLMT & WKNO HD channels??

#5 OFFLINE   jrmichael

jrmichael

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

This past Saturday I was pleasantly surprised when I tuned into the Arkansas/Miss State football game on WLMT channel 30 and the game was in HD!!! And then I happened to flip channels the other night to WKNO and Antique Roadshow was in HD! Has DirecTV finally added WLMT & WKNO HD channels??

Didn't know this. DirecTV.com now lists 3-WREG,5-WMC,10-WKNO,13-WHBQ,18-WMAV,24-WPTY, and 30-WLMT as available in HD.
AU9 Dish SL3-S LNB - DECA - (1) HR24-500 (1) HR20-700 (1) HR21-200 Samsung HPT-5034 50" Plasma (HDMI - HR24) Sony 42" LCD (HDMI - HR21) Samsung 42" Plasma (HDMI - HR20)

#6 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, FL

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:06 AM

Yeah, they added them a few weeks ago along with channel 18, WMAV as mentioned below.

http://www.avsforum....45#post17513645
Glory, Glory Man United

My setup with pictures

#7 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

Yeah but here that game was unwatchable at times. There was alot of freeze ups and screen blurs during that Mississippi State @ Arkansas game last week. Now if News Channel 3 and ABC 24 would get off of their behinds and start producing their local news casts in HD the way WMC TV 5 is and WHBQ FOX 13 is Memphis channels would be set as far as being all HD.

#8 OFFLINE   BahnBurner

BahnBurner

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:10 AM

Anyone else notice constant audio issues including the infamous brrrip dropouts during Fringe Thursday 12/10/09 on Fox13 WHBQ-HD?

#9 OFFLINE   Gary*W*

Gary*W*

Legend

• Registered
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

Anyone else notice constant audio issues including the infamous brrrip dropouts during Fringe Thursday 12/10/09 on Fox13 WHBQ-HD?

Yeah, it actually started about 3/4 through "Bones" and continued through "Fringe".

Constant brriiips, sync issues and dropouts pretty much rendered the shows unwatchable.

#10 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Formerly AirRocker

• Moderators
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

When will WREG Channel 3 in Memphis, Tennessee start broadcasting there news in HD the way Channel 5 WMC is?

I just heard from a source here that within two months, their news will be 100% HD.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#11 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

WLMT Channel 30 just went HD close to the End of the SEC Football Season. Now that College Basketball season is in full swing, I pose this very important question. Why all of a sudden is WLMT Channel 30 no longer carrying SEC Basketball on Wednesday Nights? They carry the Saturday Afternoon Games, But no longer carry the Wednesday Night broadcasts like they have in previous years. The Memphis Market that also serves North Mississippi no longer has a channel that carries the telecasts. Why isn't Channel 30 carrying SEC Wednesday Night Games? I pose this question because the SEC Game last night was Mississippi State @ Vanderbilt but it wasn't carried in Memphis at all and the RSN Comcast Sportsnet Alternate Channel 643 which i believe is Comcast Sportsnets Mid Atlantic Alternate Channel had the game but was blacked out. Has Memphis lost SEC Wednesday Night Telecasts all together?

#12 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

I just heard it on channel 3 news. WREG channel 3 will be OFF the air late Thursday night this week around 1 a.m. They are performing maintenance. I can only assume they are getting ready to transition the news cast to HD. This can only be a good thing.

#13 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

Sounds like it, considering the time and the marketing spin. I don't remember if WHBQ went down, or even announced it.
Glory, Glory Man United

My setup with pictures

#14 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Formerly AirRocker

• Moderators
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:52 AM

I just heard it on channel 3 news. WREG channel 3 will be OFF the air late Thursday night this week around 1 a.m. They are performing maintenance. I can only assume they are getting ready to transition the news cast to HD. This can only be a good thing.

That was my thought/hope. I checked last night... and they did in fact go black at exactly 1:00AM.

#15 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:20 AM

Anyone have any idea when WREG Newschannel 3 will start broadcasting the news in full HD? I heard them announce it about 2½ weeks ago that very soon they would in fact be broadcasting in Full HD within a few weeks. But they are still not. Anyone know? I'm hoping they will do it soon because NCAA Tournament time is coming up soon and I remember the problems FOX 13 had when they went Full HD. Their signal had alot of freezeups when they did their switchover and I sure hope that channel 3 doesn't have that problem when they switch. I'd hate to be trying to watch the tournament with a ton of freeze ups. That would be bad.

#16 OFFLINE   Dan9

Dan9

Godfather

• Registered
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

I was just switching around tonight off the antenna, and noticed that 30-2 out of Memphis was showing MY Network TV programming?? I guess they changed affiliations from RTV to My Network TV? Anybody else notice this?

#17 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:49 AM

I was just switching around tonight off the antenna, and noticed that 30-2 out of Memphis was showing MY Network TV programming?? I guess they changed affiliations from RTV to My Network TV? Anybody else notice this?

Isn't channel 50 showing MNTV also? Are both channels broadcasting the exact same thing?
Glory, Glory Man United

My setup with pictures

#18 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Formerly AirRocker

• Moderators
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

I heard a while back that WREG newscasts would be HD on April 19th, but I was asked not to say anything. Richard Ransom confirmed it for me on Twitter today, so I guess it's okay to let the cat out of the bag now. :)

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1270006470

Attached Thumbnails

• photo.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

Last night during the Final 4 Game West Virginia vs Duke, Channel 3's audio was unlistenable. The sound was annoying the audio kept coming in and out very fast.

#20 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

I heard a while back that WREG newscasts would be HD on April 19th, but I was asked not to say anything. Richard Ransom confirmed it for me on Twitter today, so I guess it's okay to let the cat out of the bag now. :)

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1270006470

Well Today is April 19th. Channel 3's news was not broadcast in HD here. Was there a delay in the start date for newscasts to start being in Full HD? I watched for it at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. and still not in HD. Maybe at 10 p.m.?

spam firewall