Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Cleveland-Akron, OH

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   qprhooligan

qprhooligan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

Fox 8 was really bad today. A lot of audio sync problems and a lot of audio dropouts. I wonder if this is someway related to the latest firmware upgrade?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

Fox 8 was really bad today. A lot of audio sync problems and a lot of audio dropouts. I wonder if this is someway related to the latest firmware upgrade?

Fox 8 is bad again today. I've let D* know through Twitter.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#53 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

Fox 8 is bad again today. I've let D* know through Twitter.

It seems like the encoders go about 25-30 days before someone needs to kick them again.

So, it's time to kick them again. :(

OTA Fox8 is fine.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#54 OFFLINE   boufa

boufa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:10 AM

Fox 8 bad again this AM. It was unwatchable last night for the 10pm news.

Does anyone know if this is the HD only problem. I may have to record hells kitchen tonight using the SD feed.

edit: I was on the phone with Directv for a possibly dying DVR, and while I had the guy on the phone I mentioned the issues with Fox 8. He asked me a bunch of questions for an engineering report.

Edited by boufa, 13 October 2009 - 07:17 AM.

#55 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:12 PM

Tweeted DirecTv letting them know that Fox8 is still unwatchable.

I urge others to do the same to get some more attention drawn to the problem.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me

#56 OFFLINE   rutgersfan

rutgersfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

Fox 8 was terrible during the 4:00 Philly/Oakland game yesterday. Sound kept stuttering. Last week, it made the Simpsons, FG, and Cleveland Show almost unwatchable!
GO R.U.!

#57 OFFLINE   EricG

EricG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Fox 8 was terrible during the 4:00 Philly/Oakland game yesterday. Sound kept stuttering. Last week, it made the Simpsons, FG, and Cleveland Show almost unwatchable!

Same here. Kick the darn thing!
DirecTV HR21
DirecTV HR10-250 (30hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (140hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (107hr)

#58 OFFLINE   jeffwltrs

jeffwltrs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

Why the hell isn't FSN OHIO Cavsgame in HD on D*! D* SUCKS!
O-H-I-O

AT9 > WB68
HR20-700 > POWERLINE NETWORKED > HDMI > 72 TOSHIBA DLP FAMILY ROOM
HR22-100 > 42" SHARP AQUIOS LCD FAMILY ROOM
HR20-100S > HDMI > 56 SAMSUNG DLP MASTER BEDROOM
H21-100 > COMP > 56 TOSHIBA HD CRT LIVING ROOM
R15 > 25 RCA SD BEDROOM (ONLY 1 LINE)

#59 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

Per the cavs Twitter feed:

cavs

For those fans watching tonight's game on FSO, the game will not be in HD due to technical difficulties at the Air Canada Centre.

Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#60 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

That blows.
Go Hoos!

#61 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Yet again, someone goes off on a rant about how bad DirecTv is before knowing the details. :rolleyes:

#62 OFFLINE   jeffwltrs

jeffwltrs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

Maybe they couldn't afford to pay the extra fees being in Canada because of all the money they are paying for the "big log"! I mean the "big weisel" I mean "diesel"!
O-H-I-O

AT9 > WB68
HR20-700 > POWERLINE NETWORKED > HDMI > 72 TOSHIBA DLP FAMILY ROOM
HR22-100 > 42" SHARP AQUIOS LCD FAMILY ROOM
HR20-100S > HDMI > 56 SAMSUNG DLP MASTER BEDROOM
H21-100 > COMP > 56 TOSHIBA HD CRT LIVING ROOM
R15 > 25 RCA SD BEDROOM (ONLY 1 LINE)

#63 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

PDcavsinsider

Fox just lost its HD ability for all you yelling. Something wrong here at Air Canada Centre. Cavs rallying, down 69-68 late 3rd.

Another Twitter update

FS Ohio Facebook update from this AM:

FOX Sports Ohio Cavs fans, unfortunately, there was a catastrophic equipment failure at Air Canada Centre that made us unable to get the HD feed. It had nothing to do with FOX Sports Ohio production and it affected not only the Cavs telecast but also the Toronto Raptors telecast as well.

We certainly regret the issues that plagued our broadcast last night and naturally are very disappointed that this happened on our first game of the season. The Air Canada Centre had never experienced such a massive failure in transmission in their 11 years of existence. The building had been regularly broadcasting HD signals through the month of October with their broadcasts of the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey games. Preventative measures were taken, policies were followed and tests were all done prior to our arrival. We were simply the victims of bad timing and a catastrophic equipment failure.

Edited by DCSholtis, 29 October 2009 - 10:33 AM.

Dan Sholtis

#64 OFFLINE   carnage

carnage

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Can anyone confirm if Sportstime Ohio was always in the Choice Xtra package for Cleveland area residents, or if this is a recent change? My parents live in Twinsburg OH so we were looking for ways to scale back on their programming in the offseason. When we checked the Regional sports networks, it shows STO as only being available for Choice Xtra. Just curious as I thought it would be available in Choice like Fox Sports Ohio.

#65 OFFLINE   EricG

EricG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

The Cavs Game tonight (Minnesota) is in HD on FSO. yeah.
DirecTV HR21
DirecTV HR10-250 (30hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (140hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (107hr)

#66 OFFLINE   EricG

EricG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Can anyone confirm if Sportstime Ohio was always in the Choice Xtra package for Cleveland area residents, or if this is a recent change? My parents live in Twinsburg OH so we were looking for ways to scale back on their programming in the offseason. When we checked the Regional sports networks, it shows STO as only being available for Choice Xtra. Just curious as I thought it would be available in Choice like Fox Sports Ohio.

my folks get STO and FSO with Choice only.
DirecTV HR21
DirecTV HR10-250 (30hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (140hr)
Hughes HDVR2 (107hr)

#67 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

Fox8 has yet again turned into a lip sync and brrriiiippp mess. :(

Come on guys, enough is enough, fix it for good already. :mad:

#68 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

Fox8 and WEWS Channel 5 I'm noticing audio dropouts today during the games.
Dan Sholtis

#69 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

Horrid lip synch problems on WUAB My43 tonight.
Dan Sholtis

#70 OFFLINE   daystrom

daystrom

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

WJW's audio has been really bad for at least me both on Time Warner and DirecTV.

My Kenwood THX receiver plays the 5.1 audio with constant studdering. When WJW inserts a local commercial or news break the audio is fine. As soon as Fox comes back the audio goes back to a studdering mess.

This isn't a D* problem as they are just picking up the faulty audio as WJW sends it out. It seems the Motorola splicer they use to mix local content with Fox content is the problem. Really makes enjoying 24 and Fringe hard.

I have not had any video issues however.

#71 OFFLINE   oldcrooner

oldcrooner

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

I don't watch WVIZ ch 25 HD via Directv too often but when I do, I notice it is plagued by the "briiiiip" problem in their audio every few moments. Is anybody trying to do anything to correct this?
Men become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to believe, but in proportion to their readiness to doubt.
--Ambrose Bierce

#72 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

I hope soon that Mynetwork TV WUAB channel 43 will be added in HD on Directv soon.

#73 OFFLINE   carnage

carnage

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

Anyone else having issues with the Lost finale tonight on WEWS Channel 5? Both HD and SD are having pixellation and dropouts.

#74 OFFLINE   spoonman

spoonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Anyone else having issues with the Lost finale tonight on WEWS Channel 5? Both HD and SD are having pixellation and dropouts.

Yes! And can't tell you how pissed I am right now...
Setup: SWMline
HR21-700 (Native On) | OTA W/AM21 | HDMI to Onkyo TX-SR706 then to Magnavox 52" via HDMI | networked
HR20-700 (Native On) | HDMI to Sharp 32" Aquos | networked
HR20-700 (Native On) | HDMI to Sony Reciever (STR-DG1000) then to Vizio 32" | networked

#75 OFFLINE   chorning

chorning

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

Yes same thing, very bad timing!!!!!!! :mad:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...