Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Cleveland-Akron, OH

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Nateyd

Nateyd

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

We live in the eastern most part of Sandusky county (44811) and when we upgraded to HD service in 2009 our locals switched to Toledo from Cleveland. I've talked to customer service numerous times to no avail. They're contending that Sandusky county is Toledo locals. The kicker is that our parents live right next door, a mere 100 yards away, in the same county and they get Cleveland locals and have HD service. We both work in the Cleveland area and that's home to us so we're disparate to get CLE locals back. Anyone have any thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

Yep according to your zip D* does consider your area to have Toledo locals. Not sure if there is anything you can do.http://www.directv.c...?assetId=900018

If you put your zip there that will tell you the same unfortunately.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#83 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

I hope soon that Mynetwork TV WUAB channel 43 will be added in HD on Directv soon.

We all hope that. Appears to be a pipedream.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#84 OFFLINE   Nateyd

Nateyd

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Appreciate the info. Any idea how our parents are able to still get those CLE locals?

#85 OFFLINE   carnage

carnage

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Looks like we will have a carriage dispute with Fox 8. Hope they get this resolved, OTA for Fox 8 is terrible.

http://fox8.com/2012...ers-from-fox-8/

#86 OFFLINE   paule123

paule123

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Anybody know why WEAO PBS 49 continues to have problems with its feed to DirecTV? Seems like they've had problems since day 1 of their HD feed to DirecTV.

#87 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Looks like we will have a carriage dispute with Fox 8. Hope they get this resolved, OTA for Fox 8 is terrible.

http://fox8.com/2012...ers-from-fox-8/

Yea I posted that in the main thread. Didn't think of looking here.
Dan Sholtis

#88 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Anybody know why WEAO PBS 49 continues to have problems with its feed to DirecTV? Seems like they've had problems since day 1 of their HD feed to DirecTV.

Last I looked (this morning) WEAO HD was up and running.
It does seem like WEAO & WVIZ both have more than their share of glitches.
Especially on Sunday nights. Sound drop issues with me.
And it has been an issue for a long time.
Of course, no one knows why, so I quit calling on it.

#89 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

When did the HD feed of WUAB 43 begin on D*?!! It's been a long time coming.
Dan Sholtis

#90 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

WUAB 43 & WMFD 68 both became available on 11-7.

I only noticed it because I saw WUAB was missing from my Favorites program guide.
For whatever reason, when the HD comes available, the SD version disappears from the guide, but is not replaced automatically replaced with the HD version. No big deal, if I hadn`t noticed the missing channels, I would have not known.

#91 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Anyone notice that the HD quality of WUAB 43 is crappy?!
Dan Sholtis

#92 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Anyone notice that the HD quality of WUAB 43 is crappy?!

WUAB is STILL looking horrid! Anyone else noticing?!!
Dan Sholtis

#93 OFFLINE   paule123

paule123

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

WUAB is STILL looking horrid! Anyone else noticing?!!

If you're referring to the Lake Erie Monsters game that's on right now, it sure as heck isn't HD. Looks like they've got a broadcast framed for 16:9, with graphics outside the 4:3 safe area, then center-cut the 16:9, and stretched that center cut the width of the screen. Looks like a 480i composite video feed upconverted. There's nasty artifacts, graphics chopped off, a total disaster.

#94 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

If you're referring to the Lake Erie Monsters game that's on right now, it sure as heck isn't HD. Looks like they've got a broadcast framed for 16:9, with graphics outside the 4:3 safe area, then center-cut the 16:9, and stretched that center cut the width of the screen. Looks like a 480i composite video feed upconverted. There's nasty artifacts, graphics chopped off, a total disaster.

I've yet to see anything in HD on that channel, most times I tune in its that way though.
Dan Sholtis

#95 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

I thought something was wrong with my eyes or TV watching WOIO News at 10 ON WUAB.

Thanks DBS`ers for confirming I don`t have vision or TV problems.

#96 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Has there been problems with 45/49 recently? Seems like more often then not there is a "Please dont call" screen up

Sent from Raider Nation using DBSTalk mobile app

Dan Sholtis

#97 OFFLINE   paule123

paule123

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Has there been problems with 45/49 recently? Seems like more often then not there is a "Please dont call" screen up

Yep, I agree, it's very annoying.  I usually tune in for the PBS NewsHour at 7:00 pm and many times they have the problem screen up.   There's been a fundamental problem with the broadcast chain since 45/49 started feeding HD to D*.  Strange that they haven't been able to resolve it after all these years.  WVIZ, OTOH never has these problems on D*

Edited by paule123, 11 September 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#98 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Its really noticeable for me when I DVR shows overnight that 25 doesnt carry.

Dan Sholtis

#99 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Was the ACC game on 43 an upconvert? If not that was the worst HD picture Ive ever seen

Dan Sholtis

spam firewall