Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Cedar Rapids-Waterloo, IA

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dornitram

dornitram

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

Well we still have two listings in our guide for KWKB. The guide for one of the channels shows some shows listed as HD but they aren't in HD. I know I have the hide sd duplicates on, so I'm still not sure why that channel is still showing up. Anybody else seeing this?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   ericmylad

ericmylad

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

Well we still have two listings in our guide for KWKB. The guide for one of the channels shows some shows listed as HD but they aren't in HD. I know I have the hide sd duplicates on, so I'm still not sure why that channel is still showing up. Anybody else seeing this?

I haven't checked this page in awhile but yes, I too have 2 listings in my guide. I emailed KWKB several months ago about going HD but never received a response. When I did it a time before that, I got a reply the same day. I've heard rumors that they are barely staying afloat over there. Maybe I'll fire off another email since it's a slow work day. I'll report back with any news.

#23 OFFLINE   valestij

valestij

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

Anyone having issue with the local for Cedar Rapids right now? 2, 7, and 28 keep cutting out for me and didn't know if others had the issue.

#24 OFFLINE   diggerg56

diggerg56

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

Anyone having issue with the local for Cedar Rapids right now? 2, 7, and 28 keep cutting out for me and didn't know if others had the issue.

Yup, same thing for me as well. Ended up switching over to the cable locals to finish watching football. They're either having transponder or local receive facility problems by the way it looks.:(

#25 OFFLINE   bagdropper

bagdropper

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

Thankfully, I got OTA that works perfect.

My mom's DTV HD rig in Marion was having the issue also.
Home/Living Room Setup
Dell Intel Quad Core 64 bit 7MC
OTA - VolarMax ATSC USB Tuner
Hauppauge HD PVR 1080i
H23 w)slimline
Panasonic TP-50X1 Plasma
Sony STR-DA5ES
Def Tech BP6/CLR 3000/BP2X
Home Bedroom Setup
Xbox 360 via 7MC w) Olevia LCD
Cabin Setup
Slingbox via Home H23 composite
Compaq 7MC/TP-42C1 Plasma
Sony STR-DA4ES - Def Tech Pro Cinema 60 System

#26 OFFLINE   Darkscream

Darkscream

Legend

• Registered
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

Picture quality on Cedar Rapids locals has been appalling all day.
Huge amount of Macroblocking.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...