Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Green Bay, WI

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

DMA: Green Bay, WI
Established: 11/21/2006

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   captswifty

captswifty

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

I'm having problems with WLUK Fox 11. During lots of programs I'm getting what I would describe as what looks like OTA pixellation. I'm not getting any problems on the other satellite delivered broadcast networks, just WLUK. It seems to have small hiccups every 15-20 minutes, and there are major dropouts every couple hours.

The last four times that I can remember it happening:

11/11/08 Fringe 8:00p
11/11/08 House 7:00p
11/9/08 Packers @ Vikings 12:00-3:00p
11/6/08 Kitchen Nightmares 8:00p

I checked my signal strength and I'm getting mid 90's on all transponders. This has been happening ever since WLUK HD went live on DirecTV over the summer.

#3 OFFLINE   donkeylips

donkeylips

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:02 AM

I'm having problems with WLUK Fox 11. During lots of programs I'm getting what I would describe as what looks like OTA pixellation. I'm not getting any problems on the other satellite delivered broadcast networks, just WLUK. It seems to have small hiccups every 15-20 minutes, and there are major dropouts every couple hours.

The last four times that I can remember it happening:

11/11/08 Fringe 8:00p
11/11/08 House 7:00p
11/9/08 Packers @ Vikings 12:00-3:00p
11/6/08 Kitchen Nightmares 8:00p

I checked my signal strength and I'm getting mid 90's on all transponders. This has been happening ever since WLUK HD went live on DirecTV over the summer.

Im seeing the same thing on Fox 11 via D*, on a daily basis. Luckily for me I get my own local FOX out of Traverse City, MI via Charter QAM and its 100% issue free all the time.

I cant record anything via QAM though, but as luck would have it once again, theres not a single show worthy of recording on FOX anyways :)

For the record, I have contacted directv regarding Fox 11 issues. They know of no problem though..lol..So suprising isnt it? Every single HD channel they have has issues of one kind or another, but they know nothing other than the fact that they have you commited for 2 years..

#4 OFFLINE   uprevx

uprevx

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

Getting bad pixelation on all recievers of hd locals, sd locals are fine.
HR24-500 HDMI - Samsung Un60d8000 - Living Room
HR24-200 HDMI - Vizio SV473XVT - Master Bedroom
HR24-500 HDMI - Samsung Pn58c7000 - Game/Media Room
HR21-700 HDMI - Vizio 32" LCD - Kids Room
HR21-700 HDMI - Vizio SV423XVT - Computer Room

#5 OFFLINE   mikhu

mikhu

Beer Aficionado

• Registered
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

Getting bad pixelation on all recievers of hd locals, sd locals are fine.

Same here, signals strengths are fine too.

#6 OFFLINE   mikhu

mikhu

Beer Aficionado

• Registered
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

Getting bad pixelization on all HD locals again in the Green Bay market. My wife said it was bad all day today and "24" tonight was terrible for almost the entire second half of the show. Had problems with it off and on throughout the weekend as well.

* Channel(s) affected - All HD Locals
* Date - significant on 3/4/09, but it's been acting up for a few days now
* Time - all the time
* Description of Issue - bad pixelization again

#7 OFFLINE   ksagers

ksagers

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Bad digital artifacting on all HD locals yesterday. As previous poster mentioned the last half of 24 was particularly bad. Because of the problems on all HD channels earlier in the day I recorded 24 on both the HD and SD channels yesterday. The artifacting occurred on both the HD and SD channels.

* Channel(s) affected - All HD Locals
* Date - significant on 5/4/09, Fox channel has had issues on other days also
* Time - from morning until late afternoon
* Description of Issue - bad pixelization

spam firewall