Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Reno, NV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:26 PM

DMA: Reno, NV
Established: 10/25/2006

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hengnv

hengnv

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

I have noticed that the Fox station in Reno (KRXI channel 11), the picture and sound has been breakup up for the last week. The screen will have pixelated or go totally green and the sound also goes in and out when the picture has problem.

I saw this during the OT on Sunday Nov 2 2008 around 4:30

Has anyone else seen this?

#3 OFFLINE   skihoodoo

skihoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

the station is aware of the issue they are seeing it over the air as well they believe it is at the tower and they hope they can get it fixed before the snow starts sticking at that elevation if snow starts it becomes more complicated to get up there

#4 OFFLINE   hengnv

hengnv

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

the station is aware of the issue they are seeing it over the air as well they believe it is at the tower and they hope they can get it fixed before the snow starts sticking at that elevation if snow starts it becomes more complicated to get up there

Thanks for the update!

#5 OFFLINE   frapnitz

frapnitz

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:53 AM

My audio on the local ABC and NBC channels (HD), continues to regularly drop out. KRNV in Reno thought they had the problem solved, but it still continues......recently ABC started acting up, in addition to the audio, the Closed Captioning does not work. This if tuff for a guy with hearing aids.

Have contacted both DTV and local station manager, but no resolutions.

I don't see any other complaints on this forum and am beginning to fear that it is my box (HR-21 700)

Any thoughts out there for the "High Desert."

#6 OFFLINE   rotohead

rotohead

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

For D* subs and probably NFLST subs too Ive seen black screens off and on over the last few weeks. Lasts for 10 seconds or more and random from what I can tell. Doesn't happen on same channel OTA. Has to be a Directv problem.

spam firewall