Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Philadelphia, PA

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:20 AM

All Philly locals are out and have been for hours now.  Slide is up saying that D* is aware of the issue.

DirecTV customer since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#62 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

I sent a message to WCAU's contact us link on their website directed to Programming about the audio issues.  Granted its a holiday week so I'm not sure when they will get to it.

Yes all the HD locals are out.  Only thing working here is 23, 35-1, 35-2, 51 and I guess other SD's that I have hidden from my favorites.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#63 ONLINE   mrknowitall526

mrknowitall526

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:21 PM

Anyone know of any plans to add the WFMZ Accuweather channel? 69.2? I miss this from cable and I don't have an OTA antenna.

#64 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:59 AM

cypherx - WCAU (10)'s audio problems were with the station, not DirecTV.  Verizon FiOS had exactly the same issues.

#65 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:24 AM

Yes I noticed Service Electric had the problem too (I check on my ClearQAM).  Also noted on WCAU's facebook page there were comments from Comcast users as well.

I watched the Eagles game on Channel 40 WMGM Atlantic City.  Aside from an occasional pop/click, the audio was nowhere nearly as bad as channel 10's.  Plus the New Jersey commercials made me feel like I was down at the shore again.   :up:

Edited by cypherx, 15 December 2014 - 06:24 AM.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#66 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 465 posts
  • LocationNW VT

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

Anyone know of any plans to add the WFMZ Accuweather channel? 69.2? I miss this from cable and I don't have an OTA antenna.

Get an antenna. It is unlikely that most LP and non-major network subchannels will ever be on Directv.

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#67 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

WMGM-40 will likely be kaput on January 1.   Even if it continues to exist, Comcast revoked their NBC affiliate status, effecti9.2 ve Jan 1.

I get 69.2 OTA just fine.  I'm in zip code 19425.   But keep in mind that you can't get it on a D* receiver with an OTA capability because it's not in their programming database.  Apparently, D* has no ability to add additional subchannels to their OTA guide database :(

#68 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

69.2 Accuweather and 69.3 Heroes & Icons are both in the database since they have Tribune IDs below 65535 (0xfff), however 69.4 Retro is not.

Edited by KyL416, 16 December 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#69 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:41 PM

Oh that stinks about ch 40. It's a good backup. Maybe DirecTV can use the bandwidth to make 23 NJN in HD?

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#70 ONLINE   mrknowitall526

mrknowitall526

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

WMGM-40 will likely be kaput on January 1. Even if it continues to exist, Comcast revoked their NBC affiliate status, effecti9.2 ve Jan 1.

I get 69.2 OTA just fine. I'm in zip code 19425. But keep in mind that you can't get it on a D* receiver with an OTA capability because it's not in their programming database. Apparently, D* has no ability to add additional subchannels to their OTA guide database :(

I don't have an OTA antenna, nor do I have the off air tuner add on for my DTV. if I did, would it go to all receivers, or just the one it is connected to?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...