Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Atlanta, GA

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

perhaps may bad then. I thought I remembered it being there when I checked a month ago.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,166 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

Give it another week or so and it should show up.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#43 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

It has not appeared yet. Does anyone know where this process of getting the OTA sub channels added to the HR20-70s guide is breaking down? Is it on DirecTVs end? There are plenty of reports of other markets that are also missing OTA channels in the guide, despite zap2it showing them.

Apparently, I am deducing, it is not an automatic thing for the DirecTV guide to be populated so long as Tribune/zap2it has it, otherwise we would have the channels by now and be able to tune them.

Who/what department at DirecTV handles this and can they be contacted?

#44 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

It has not appeared yet. Does anyone know where this process of getting the OTA sub channels added to the HR20-70s guide is breaking down? Is it on DirecTVs end? There are plenty of reports of other markets that are also missing OTA channels in the guide, despite zap2it showing them.

Apparently, I am deducing, it is not an automatic thing for the DirecTV guide to be populated so long as Tribune/zap2it has it, otherwise we would have the channels by now and be able to tune them.

Who/what department at DirecTV handles this and can they be contacted?

I contacted DirecTV a week ago about and received the scripted answer of how to set-up in order to receive OTA signals.
After I received this, I replied and tried to explain the problem again and received a note from another CSR stating I needed to go in and rescan for new channels.
Finally, I contacted a friend who put me in touch with someone who said they would send this over to the correct department and would get back to me within a few days. I received an e-mail on Monday informing me that I had not been forgotten and that they were trying to get the issue fixed. This morning, I received another e-mail from someone in the supposed department who handles such issues informing me that they are awaiting for a return phone call from both WATL and Tribune regarding the issue and would get back with me as soon as they have heard something.

My suggestion right now is start flooding DirecTV with e-mail regarding the missing channel. If you receive an unsatisfactory answer when they reply, REPLY to the message and point out the errors in the message and continue to ask for the issue to be fixed.
This is the first time I personally have encountered an issue like this. When WSB 2.2 and Universal Sports 11.3 were added, they appeared within 2 to 3 of it being added to the Tribune Database.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#45 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

I agree. This is a "new" phenomenon.

I just wish with the HRxx/AM21 receivers that sub channels going live (such as CBS has done some years with March madness) in the receivers' guides was not dependent on these middleman steps. ATSC protocols completely support an ATSC tuner being aware on the fly of the commissioning and de-commissioning of subchannells. All of this is part of the data stream in the parent ATSC signal. My TV tuners have no problem with this.

#46 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

I agree!

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#47 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:00 AM

My suggestion right now is start flooding DirecTV with e-mail regarding the missing channel. If you receive an unsatisfactory answer when they reply, REPLY to the message and point out the errors in the message and continue to ask for the issue to be fixed.

What is a good place (email address or web page) to start that?

#48 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:04 AM

What is a good place (email address or web page) to start that?

DIRECTV Customer Service <directvcustomercare@directv.com>

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#49 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

I received a new reply yesterday from DirecTV regarding 36-2. In short the answer was, "we are working on adding new OTA channels to the AM21 but do not have a time frame as to when exactly this will happen."

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#50 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:20 AM

I sort of got the same story when I go a call by fromDirecTV customer advocacy. She told me engineering understood this issue, had received many simliar calls, but did not know when they would be able to add more OTA channels. I made sure knew I meant via the antenna, not locals delivered via satellite. I'm not sure I understand what the difficulty is, but it appears they are having some.

#51 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

Anyone else seeing 56-56 appearing on their sets?
This appears to be a promo channel for DISH network

see note below: channel now appears as 56-1

Edited by fluffybear, 24 July 2011 - 06:26 AM.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#52 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

I noticed the other morning that DISH 56-1 is now appearing on my set and in the channel guide. 'Regular Programming' is all the guide shows but this channel is clearly a customer information channel for DISH network

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#53 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,166 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

correct guide data seems to still be an issue here in the Atlanta area.

11-3 - is now dark. Universal Sports moved to 36.3 a few weeks back but the guide continues to show listing for 11-3.

36-2 - Bounce Network has been on the air for several months but all the program guide shows is 'Regular Programming' for the listing.

36 - 3 will be moving to Antenna TV as of Christmas Eve and hopefully they will update the program guide as 'Regular Programming' just won't cut it..

Edit: The issue above only effects the AM21N. With the AM21, 36-2 and 36-3 do not exist..

Edited by fluffybear, 17 December 2011 - 03:35 AM.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#54 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

I re-ran OTA setup last night on my HR24-200/AM-21 combo. WXIA 11-2 is now in the guide (and tunable) and 11-3 is gone.

#55 OFFLINE   coit

coit

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Looks like the HD locals are down in ATL.

#56 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,859 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

From Facebook:

DirecTV
Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349.

Thank you and stay safe.
Like · · Share · 1628942 · 10 minutes ago ·
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#57 OFFLINE   coit

coit

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Thank you Mark! It hadn't occurred to me to follow DirecTV on Facebook, but now I do.

#58 OFFLINE   jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Is anyone else having breakups/freezes a during WSB Channel 2's newscasts? It's not happening on any other local nor via OTA.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...