Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Knoxville, TN

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

DMA: Knoxville, TN
Established: 1/23/2008

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

Added PBS - WKOP (15) to the lineup
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   CraigT1

CraigT1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

I have seen a lot of black for a few seconds(HR20-100) on ABC, CBS and NBC but it also shows up on my old Samsung SD DVR. I tried an RCA HDTV rabbit ears the other day connected directly to the TV and see the same issue(sporadic loss of both A and V for a few seconds) on the digital channels. Then I used the TV's signal level monitor and watched it frequently change from 3 down to 0. I'm only about 6-7 miles from the antennas but my reception is pretty poor(analog unwatchable) but since using DirecTV is also having a lot of problems too I thought it might be relevant. It appears all three network stations around here are having problems with the digital transition.

Craig

#4 OFFLINE   Wildcat

Wildcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:02 AM

WATE has been having a LOT of issues lately. I'm guessing it's on the WATE end rather than DirecTv's because the signal seems fine OTA...and the other locals are all fine on DirecTv.

#5 OFFLINE   jacksg35c

jacksg35c

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

why can't albuquerque nm get local pbs station in hd? the local pbs folks say it is a "carriage" isssue. since pbs is a free station why doesn't direct tv carry it in hd?

#6 OFFLINE   vfr781rider

vfr781rider

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

Does anyone know if the HD spotbeam for Knoxville is receivable in Nashville or Tri-Cities?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...