Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Chattanooga HD Locals are on!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kascls

kascls

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:07 AM

As of 6:00 am

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jestr40

Jestr40

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

So is Augusta, GA (except NBC)!

#3 OFFLINE   Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

Holy crap they are! Finally. I can confirm it as working too.
3 - WRCB - NBC
9 - WTVC - ABC
12 - WDEF - CBS
53 - WFLI - CW *****EDIT*** SD ONLY
61 - WDSI - FOX
All have a HD feed now. No 18-GPB or 45-PBS though.

#4 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,046 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:54 AM

What the heck??!?! Chattanooga has an HD feed of their CW affiliate and Nashville still doesn't? :confused:

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#5 OFFLINE   miller24

miller24

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

At least you have hd locals!

#6 OFFLINE   leww37334

leww37334

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:43 AM

OK it is now official.

Every DMA surrounding the Huntsville DMA has HD locals. Nashville to the north, Memphis to the west, Birmingham to the south and now Chattanooga to the east.
“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” - Ayn Rand

#7 OFFLINE   ItsJustTroy

ItsJustTroy

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:28 AM

Holy crap they are! Finally. I can confirm it as working too.
3 - WRCB - NBC
9 - WTVC - ABC
12 - WDEF - CBS
53 - WFLI - CW
61 - WDSI - FOX
All have a HD feed now. No 18-GPB or 45-PBS though.

Hi, everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster! I was waiting on HD locals for Chattanooga to speak up. :)

NBC and ABC looked great this morning, but CBS and FOX weren't showing HD content. So I'll have to wait until later to check out the PQ.

The DirecTV website doesn't show WFLI in HD, but there were two listings for channel 53 in my guide this morning. So do we really have WFLI in HD or not?

#8 OFFLINE   MalibuRacing

MalibuRacing

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:52 AM

OK it is now official.

Every DMA surrounding the Huntsville DMA has HD locals. Nashville to the north, Memphis to the west, Birmingham to the south and now Chattanooga to the east.

Yep. :mad:
H20, HR20, HR21

#9 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

Ok, question about programming, I have the premeire w/no locals, is it just simply a matter of changing my pkg to premiere w/locals. I went on the web site and started to do it, but then a big Warning popped up informing me something about losing my Starz,HBO,Cinemax and Showtime channels, so I backed out. I really and truly hate the Directv site, I'm always guessing at what I'm doing and if I'm going to do something I don't want to do.

#10 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,046 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

The DirecTV website doesn't show WFLI in HD, but there were two listings for channel 53 in my guide this morning. So do we really have WFLI in HD or not?

If one of them is the station call letters, that one is HD. The other will be a city name abbreviation plus the station channel number. That will be the SD version.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#11 OFFLINE   techrep

techrep

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:12 AM

Ok, question about programming, I have the premeire w/no locals, is it just simply a matter of changing my pkg to premiere w/locals. I went on the web site and started to do it, but then a big Warning popped up informing me something about losing my Starz,HBO,Cinemax and Showtime channels, so I backed out. I really and truly hate the Directv site, I'm always guessing at what I'm doing and if I'm going to do something I don't want to do.

To get the HD locals, you need to subscribe to local channels and the HD Package.
DVR: HR20-100, HR10-250 x 2, TIVO SERIES 3, MOXI
REC: DENON 3808CI
TV : PDP-5060HD
DVD: PANY-BD10A, TOSHIBA-A2

#12 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:28 AM

To get the HD locals, you need to subscribe to local channels and the HD Package.

I've already done it, but there is no Add Locals, you have to choose the package you want with locals. I have the premiere with w/HD Access, but there is no simple Add Locals selection, you have to include them with the package. I've never liked the site, and doubt I ever will. It's just not friendly to me, but that's of course just my opinion.

#13 OFFLINE   techrep

techrep

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

I've already done it, but there is no Add Locals, you have to choose the package you want with locals. I have the premiere with w/HD Access, but there is no simple Add Locals selection, you have to include them with the package. I've never liked the site, and doubt I ever will. It's just not friendly to me, but that's of course just my opinion.

Go to the site below and enter your zip code:

http://www.directv.c...?assetId=900018
DVR: HR20-100, HR10-250 x 2, TIVO SERIES 3, MOXI
REC: DENON 3808CI
TV : PDP-5060HD
DVD: PANY-BD10A, TOSHIBA-A2

#14 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

Go to the site below and enter your zip code:

http://www.directv.c...?assetId=900018

I see it now, but to me it proves my point, I would expect to be able to add locals simply and in one click, I would also expect to find it under the section My Account, the location of the locals is in what I consider the generic Programming packages section. They are added and everything seems to be ok, I don't see the local PBS station, evidently they aren't carrying the HD version of it, but I don't see it in my guide. I'm pretty disappointed that 'The CW' isn't in HD :(

But, let's not carry this any further, it's just distracting from the good stuff, like Chattanooga has local HD channels :)

#15 OFFLINE   LittleKing

LittleKing

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

I've had DTV for since 2005 in Chattanooga and have been using an antenna that worked most of the time because I didn't want to buy an expensive one and keep waiting for HD locals through DTV. I'm very excited about this, even if CW isn't in HD yet, I'm still quite happy for the other channels.

Even if the HD PQ is not the best it has to be better than the SD PQ on my TV. That was painful to watch.

LK

#16 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

Rebkell, it appears you have Total Choice Premier-no locals, not Premier-no locals. Total Choice Premier is an expired package, therefore you cannot change it to Total Choice Premier with locals. You would have to add the local channels on ala carte. The only way to do that is by calling DirecTV.

When you do call in, make very sure you get the local channels added on at $3.00 a month, not $6.00 a month. Since locals were only $3.00 a month extra when Total Choice packages (Total Choice, Total Choice Extra and Total Choice Premier) were the active packages, the locals are still only $3.00 to add.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#17 OFFLINE   ItsJustTroy

ItsJustTroy

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

If one of them is the station call letters, that one is HD. The other will be a city name abbreviation plus the station channel number. That will be the SD version.

In Chattanooga, we have the station call letters in the guide for the SD channels, too.

#18 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

Rebkell, it appears you have Total Choice Premier-no locals, not Premier-no locals. Total Choice Premier is an expired package, therefore you cannot change it to Total Choice Premier with locals. You would have to add the local channels on ala carte. The only way to do that is by calling DirecTV.

When you do call in, make very sure you get the local channels added on at $3.00 a month, not $6.00 a month. Since locals were only $3.00 a month extra when Total Choice packages (Total Choice, Total Choice Extra and Total Choice Premier) were the active packages, the locals are still only $3.00 to add.

I hope I didn't screw up, but I changed to the Premier with Locals and the price only increased $3.00, so I'm hoping that that I didn't knock myself out of anything, I can't tell that I did, looking at my guide and such.

#19 OFFLINE   ki4cgs

ki4cgs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

I just called into Directv and got two free HD DVR receivers with free professional installation. Looks like I'll be enjoying Chattanooga locals in HD and all the other HD channels on Friday! :)

#20 OFFLINE   Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

Hi, everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster! I was waiting on HD locals for Chattanooga to speak up. :)

NBC and ABC looked great this morning, but CBS and FOX weren't showing HD content. So I'll have to wait until later to check out the PQ.

On my HR20, the HD listing is the one above the SD. No idea if they will ever show any HD shows or not. Doubt you'll see That 70's Show reruns in HD. Maybe the new seasons of Reaper or Smallville.

Easy idea: go into the system menu, under either the display or HDTV option (depending on model) and select Hide SD Duplicates.

I don't see the local PBS station, evidently they aren't carrying the HD version of it, but I don't see it in my guide. I'm pretty disappointed that 'The CW' isn't in HD :(

But, let's not carry this any further, it's just distracting from the good stuff, like Chattanooga has local HD channels :)

The top guide listing of CW *edit*is supposed to be*/edit* the HD. I think they may just be too cheap for HD programming. And yes it is a very very good thing that the HD locals are finally here. :D Channel 45 is supposed to be coming. Just a matter of playing the waiting game on it, I know GPB will probably be first though.

I just called into Directv and got two free HD DVR receivers with free professional installation. Looks like I'll be enjoying Chattanooga locals in HD and all the other HD channels on Friday! :)

PM me on how the install goes. I'm trying to keep an eye on these things here in Chattaboogie. If its a brand new install you may actually get a SWMLine LNB (don't get your hopes up though).

spam firewall