Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Chattanooga HD Locals are on!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,040 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

In Chattanooga, we have the station call letters in the guide for the SD channels, too.

Well that's interesting. I wonder why?

In any event, go to the Setup menu and tell the receiver to "Hide SD Duplicates" and any confusion will be solved. :P

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

As far as WFLI-HD('The CW') in chattanooga, I don't have the 72.5 dish, so I'm only able to get the new stuff, but I went home at lunch and checked them out and WFLI is not in HD, I have my receiver set to native resolution well, I tell it to accept 720P and 1080i, and WFLI reverted to 720P when I went to it, I have it on cable, and you can tell the HD version, because they actually zoom the picture somewhat on the SD programming, what I was getting on my sat receiver was SD, which surprised me because I didn't figure that they would have the SD version on the new satellite.

Am I wrong on this? Hopefully there will be some HD programming tonight and we can find out for sure.

#23 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:48 PM

The press release does not mention WFLI: Chattanooga HD Locals

:)

#24 OFFLINE   stewdog1

stewdog1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

OK it is now official.

Every DMA surrounding the Huntsville DMA has HD locals. Nashville to the north, Memphis to the west, Birmingham to the south and now Chattanooga to the east.

That royally sucks.

#25 OFFLINE   ki4cgs

ki4cgs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

If its a brand new install you may actually get a SWMLine LNB (don't get your hopes up though).

It is not a new install and on my Directv account online says it is a "DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish". I'll let you know Friday which one I actually get.

#26 OFFLINE   chlorine

chlorine

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

OK it is now official.

Every DMA surrounding the Huntsville DMA has HD locals. Nashville to the north, Memphis to the west, Birmingham to the south and now Chattanooga to the east.

Talk about being skipped, how about Mobile/Pensacola.

#27 OFFLINE   Ressurrector

Ressurrector

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

Holy crap they are! Finally. I can confirm it as working too.
3 - WRCB - NBC
9 - WTVC - ABC
12 - WDEF - CBS
53 - WFLI - CW
61 - WDSI - FOX
All have a HD feed now. No 18-GPB or 45-PBS though.

Fail- Dish network is only giving us WDEF and WDSI as our "HD LOCALS" :nono2:

#28 OFFLINE   Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

As far as WFLI-HD('The CW') in chattanooga, I don't have the 72.5 dish, so I'm only able to get the new stuff, but I went home at lunch and checked them out and WFLI is not in HD, I have my receiver set to native resolution well, I tell it to accept 720P and 1080i, and WFLI reverted to 720P when I went to it, I have it on cable, and you can tell the HD version, because they actually zoom the picture somewhat on the SD programming, what I was getting on my sat receiver was SD, which surprised me because I didn't figure that they would have the SD version on the new satellite.

Am I wrong on this? Hopefully there will be some HD programming tonight and we can find out for sure.

No, I'm afraid you're right.

I've been checking it, its a SD digital uplink to the 99/103, not in HD, but the capability for an HD uplink is practically there. Figured they would not be HD to begin with since the station is in Cleveland and the uplink to the satellites is in downtown Chattanooga (between Parkway Billiards and Midtown Music Hall on Patten Parkway for you noogans out there).

Got excited when I saw it on the guide, my bad, didn't mean to cause a stir. Hopefully they won't have all of the PQ issues that they usually have.

#29 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

Rebkell, it appears you have Total Choice Premier-no locals, not Premier-no locals. Total Choice Premier is an expired package, therefore you cannot change it to Total Choice Premier with locals. You would have to add the local channels on ala carte. The only way to do that is by calling DirecTV.

When you do call in, make very sure you get the local channels added on at $3.00 a month, not $6.00 a month. Since locals were only $3.00 a month extra when Total Choice packages (Total Choice, Total Choice Extra and Total Choice Premier) were the active packages, the locals are still only $3.00 to add.

It's $3.00 a la carte for some packages, but $6.00 for others. For TC and TC Plus it's $3.00. I believe for TC Premier the same thing.

#30 OFFLINE   Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

I figured out this much about the locals today

3 - WRCB - NBC comes from Satellite 99c and 72.5
9 - WTVC - ABC comes from Satellite 103c and 72.5
12 - WDEF - CBS comes from Satellite 99c and 72.5
53 - WFLI - CW comes from Satellite 99c and 72.5
61 - WDSI - FOX comes from Satellite 99c and 72.5
18 - GPB - (nonHD) comes from Satellite 101 only
45 - WTCI - PBS - comes from Satellite 72.5 only

Don't know how much use anyone has for this info, but I figured out which ones were on 99 and 103 earlier today courtesy of a bad LNB on a service call.

#31 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

I figured out this much about the locals today

3 - WRCB - NBC comes from Satellite 99c and 72.5
9 - WTVC - ABC comes from Satellite 103c and 72.5
12 - WDEF - CBS comes from Satellite 99c and 72.5
53 - WFLI - CW comes from Satellite 99c and 72.5
61 - WDSI - FOX comes from Satellite 99c and 72.5
18 - GPB - (nonHD) comes from Satellite 101 only
45 - WTCI - PBS - comes from Satellite 72.5 only

Don't know how much use anyone has for this info, but I figured out which ones were on 99 and 103 earlier today courtesy of a bad LNB on a service call.

that explains why I don't have 45 then, could you call WDSI and tell them to flip the switch ;) , Bones has been in SD for the entire show all night, and of course my great DVR decided on it's own to not record the show, Unknown Error 3.

#32 OFFLINE   srrobinson2

srrobinson2

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:41 AM

So, I wonder why DTV is carrying everything except CW, but E* only carries CBS and FOX at this point?
[Signature removed by request because it contained too much useful information.]

#33 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

Is everybody else having problems with WDSI, it's been flakey since yesterday sometime, one of my receivers won't even tune it, actually currently neither of them will show up. Last night, I couldn't watch it, but it actually recorded an ep of Bones. the other one didn't get anything.

I know that a lot of people are having all kinds of weird problems with WDSI-DT, it actually reboots some people's HDTV's on the OTA broadcast and locks up Dish receivers. Now, after a couple of weeks, Direct is having all kinds of weird problems with the station.

Anybody know what is going on?

#34 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

Still no WDSI-DT here. It was nice for a couple of weeks. Hard to understand how a station can be off for days at a time like this.

#35 OFFLINE   srrobinson2

srrobinson2

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

Strange, I can pick it (WDSI-DT) up OTA and via Dish (61.5 sat). I just checked both.
[Signature removed by request because it contained too much useful information.]

#36 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

Strange, I can pick it (WDSI-DT) up OTA and via Dish (61.5 sat). I just checked both.

I can pick it up via QAM on my cable with no problem? I haven't had any problems with it at all.

#37 OFFLINE   Ressurrector

Ressurrector

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:30 AM

You direct boys in chatt town can celebrate cause did you know that dish can ONLY get Fox 61 and 12 CBS ??? and its been that way over 6 months or more and when asked they say its a "contract issue"

I don't like the sound of that man............ Thats like asking the pres so when we pullin out of Iraq? lol

spam firewall