Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP622/ViP722 - L6.13 Software Experiences/Bugs Discussion

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   jenniferny

jenniferny

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

Since the 613 update everything else seems fine except I lost my HDMI port and also when I try to access my external hard drive, if I try to MANAGE DEVICE about 50% of the time the receiver freezes and does an automatic reboot about one minute later, also if I do not wait at least a minute after the screen with the recordings comes up it will freeze the receiver every time and the receiver will reboot itself about a minute later. Is anyone else experiencing this? When I choose SEND TO DEVICE I get immediate access and it works fine every time and once I do get acess I can watch any recording without issue so I do not think it is a Hard Drive issue. The Hard Drive is a Seagate 750 GB 7200.10 SATA II unit that is about three or four months old. I have only noticed it since the software update.
DISH Customer since 1996
1-Sony KD-34XBR960
2-Dish 34" 34-310 CRT HDTV's
1- Dishnetwork vip622 receiver (HDMI 1.3)
Ext. Seagate 750GB Hard Drive
Dish 1000
Denon AVR-5805 Receiver
Denon DVD-5900 DVD Player
Pioneer Elite DV-38A DVD Player
Pioneer DVR-220 DVD Recorder
Denon DP-47F Turntable W/ Shure V15VxMR & Grado Reference Sonata Cartridges
Custom Built 5 Channel Speaker System
Dayton 12", 500 Watt RMS Subwoofer
Monster Power 5100 & AVS 2000
& more Monster Cable than I can count

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   ImBack234

ImBack234

Godfather

• Registered
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Where do you place the fan to get the best cooling?

Looking at the back of the receiver to the back rightside. You will see the air vents.
Also I would say your very stiff M-1000 HDMI Cable broke you HDMI port. Next time get a cheap one but just as good one from monoprice.com.

#123 OFFLINE   Scott Spillers

Scott Spillers

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

I am STILL experiencing the KOMO-HD audio dropout. Especially noticable during Jeopardy (wierd, I know). It's sooo irritating because my family really likes to watch this show together. Any news on this or anyone else still dealing with this (for the latest version)?

I also hear lots of dropouts on recorded or delayed programs on KOMO-HD. I don't hear it a lot during the prime-time shows, but the 11:00pm news (which I record and watch later) has dropouts every night. If anything, it seems to have gotten worse with 6.13.
Scott Spillers

---------------------
Dish Network Customer Since 1997
Receiver History: 5000 & 3000 > 501PVR & 5000 > ViP622 > ViP722k > 2 Hooper 2Ks & 1 Joey 1.0
Dish History: 500(110,119) > 500(110,119) & 300(148) > 1000(110,119,129) > 1000(110,119) & 500(129) > 1000(110,119) & 24"(129) > DishHD(110,119,129)

#124 OFFLINE   eddieras

eddieras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

i'm having trouble watching a delayed show - it keeps jumping forward to live tv... is this part of the software glitch - i have a 722 with L614

#125 OFFLINE   cspinelive

cspinelive

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

I dont know if this has been reported yet or if its related to 6.13 but its certainly the first time I've seen it.
Today I had House and Fringe set to record on my DVR using the OTA. House ended 3 minutes earlier than my timer was set for, I am guessing because of Fringe even though Fringe has less priority but thats all ok. What is not OK is that Fringe shows as recorded on the Daily Schedule, while the show was going on the guide showed like if it was recording however the show is nowhere to be found on the list.
I've had a lot of shows cut off at the end lately, now I am wondering how many shows are missing from the list. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've got a 622. I get HD locals via OTA. I get SD locals via DISH. I set up several dishpasses to record all new showings of my favorite primetime shows with a preference for HD. I do this so that if three shows are all showing in the same time slot, they will all be recorded with the highest priority one being recorded in HD via OTA and the other two being recorded in SD on TV1 and TV2. My problem is that the schedule routinely shows two OTA shows on different channels are scheduled to be recording at the same time on OTA. When it comes time for them to be recorded, one will be recorded and the other will show lots of signal loss errors in the schedule history. I also got 30 1 minute recordings of the failed show in my DVR library. Anyone else seeing anything like this? If there's no solution for this I guess I'll have to ditch dishpass and set up two timers for each show. One in HD and one in SD with all the HD timers having a higher priority than the SD timers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...