Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Want TV1 UHF & TV2 UHF Same Time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Fallguy

Fallguy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

Have two dual mode receivers one DVR(625) the other regular (322).

One of the bedrooms where the 322 reciever resides is the least used room in the house. I would like split its rf over to the DVR side of house so I can watch it when the DVR TV1 TV2 is tied up five ways from Sunday.

But I would then want to be able to make TV1 of the 322 operate as UHF so I do not have to go in the room to change the channel every time.

Keep in mind that TV2 of the 322 will likely be in UHF and use most of the time.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,712 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

Get one of these http://www.smarthome.com/7717.html - works wonderfully. I use one to pass OTA and both TV tuners over, and I used this when I had 2 single tuner boxes. The only real downside is the UHF modulators are mono sound only.

Your other option could be to just get individual UHF modulators (also available on that website)
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,262 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

IIRC, modulated TV1 on the 322 is mono anyway. An external stereo modulator shouldn't be too expensive.

#4 ONLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

You can enable UHF remote for TV1 on the 322; I have one set up that way. I ordered a UHF remote for the room getting the channel 3 output. There is a caution that if both UHF remotes are in use at the same time the 322 can't sort the signals.

#5 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,712 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

As long as you're using 2 different UHF remotes each having their own address - it should work.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

spam firewall