Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I got toy story on dvd Today

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 05:54 PM

I Paid $15 for it Im so happy

Now i can give the Vhs to A Friend of Mine :)
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 06:40 PM

My son was just born so we had to jump on it because its being "taken off the market" by Disney... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 16 May 2003 - 06:49 PM

I had ordered "Toy Story: The Ultimate Toy Box" from Amazon for release day and was picking up another movie at Best Buy. Some parents were treating the fact of whether or not they got a copy of Toy Story as a life-or-death situation.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#4 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 08:30 PM

It was the last copy they had of the Moive Thank god I got It
Mike

xm sub as of/12/31/05

#5 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 10:17 PM

Originally posted by Z'Loth
Some parents were treating the fact of whether or not they got a copy of Toy Story as a life-or-death situation.

You'll understand one day. :D

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 17 May 2003 - 10:05 AM

Perhaps. The only limited-edition DVD in my collection that went out of print on release day was Akira in a tin case. I had pre-ordered that DVD set months prior though Amazon, so I was fairly assurred that I would get it. The same two discs are available as Akira-Special Edition, but without the tin.

Following closely behnd is the .hack//SIGN #1 limited edition set, which included a box to hold the entire series, OST 1 CD, Playstation demo CD, postcards, T-shirt, and a Grunty doll and limited to 15,000 units. The DVD sans all those goodies was released two weeks later. #2-#6 will consist of both the DVD and soundtrack, again limited to 15,000 units, with the DVD only following two weeks later.

Other than that, my experience has been that all DVDs are available for weeks beyond the release date. However, the best price ends up being on release day. Best Buy does issue rainchecks too.

(Of course, it helps to have Tuesdays off. :) )
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera

#7 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 01:34 PM

Don't stop there, you have to get Toy Story 2, the opening sequence (if you have a decent A/V receiver) rocks, it's one of the ultimate "Gotta Show it off" clips for a home theater.
<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#8 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 20 May 2003 - 02:54 PM

In the Ultimate Toy Box, they include the opening sequence as a multi-angle presentation: Pencil drawings, rough animation, and finished product.

They reused the ant island from A Bugs Life, but, because of a glitch when the scene was re-rendered for Toy Story 2, they ended up with floating boulders. The animators wanted to correct the error, but the directors insisted that they keep it in.

#9 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:06 AM

Originally posted by DarrellP
Don't stop there, you have to get Toy Story 2, the opening sequence (if you have a decent A/V receiver) rocks, it's one of the ultimate "Gotta Show it off" clips for a home theater.

I did not Like toy story 2 Sorry
Mike

xm sub as of/12/31/05

spam firewall