Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Little Rock, AR

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   arxaw

arxaw

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:57 AM

... Are many stations doing this? Why is this necessary?

Across the country? Yes. OTA will be messy for a while. See:
http://rabbitears.info/dtr.php

The temp shutoff is necessary to replace the DT channel 5 tower with a channel 7 tower. They can't do all of this work with the transmitters operating. And this interruption probably wouldn't have happened if KETS had kept their original UHF channel assignment on ch 47, and if the katv tower hadn't fallen.

DirecTV receives KETS with an OTA antenna, so their signal will be off the air, unless KETS provides a backup feed. Contact KETS/AETN for more info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   colebert

colebert

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

At least Comcast customers will still get their PBS-HD national feed.

#63 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,087 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

KATV-HD is up with full bandwidth on Directv now. Enjoy.

As for KETS, they said only ConwayCorp cable has a direct link, so I guess that means when they change over KETS, LR viewers will need to watch PBS on KEMV or KETG if you can get them (I cant) or directly from PBS on AMC21 (which I can).

If KETS was smart, they would make their programming available via streaming video on the internet during the outage...but Im not holding my breath.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#64 OFFLINE   arxaw

arxaw

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:53 AM

Audio & video are both normal now. The direct link between the station and D*'s LRF seems to have fixed all of KATV-DT's problems on D*.

Hopefully, weather will cooperate and allow KATV to get their new tower on the air on schedule for OTA viewers.

#65 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

Raycom's SEC game is finally watchable!!

#66 OFFLINE   colebert

colebert

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

Raycom's SEC game is finally watchable!!

But is the sync issue fixed?

#67 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

But is the sync issue fixed?

no issues that I can see/hear

#68 OFFLINE   jtbell

jtbell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

Greetings all, I just got my D*TV, and I have noticed that toward then end of some of my 8PM shows (DVR'ed) there is a short glitch where the HD signal goes off I miss about 20 seconds. It has happened on KATV (Heroes) and also on Fringe. Is there a reason for this (or hopefully a fix)?

It would be around 8:50 PM. Thanks for any help/explanation.

I'd also like to echo folks opinion about PBSHD.... it is one of the consistently best networks and I miss it greatly.

#69 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 582 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:43 AM

KATV's problems are back :rolleyes:
no audio and staggering video

#70 OFFLINE   Birdieman30

Birdieman30

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

I agree some KATV problems have returned. While watching the the OU/OK State game Saturday night, I noticed that when camera shots changed, the picture was out of focus for several seconds.

#71 OFFLINE   arxaw

arxaw

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

Greetings all, I just got my D*...

...I'd also like to echo folks opinion about PBSHD.... it is one of the consistently best networks and I miss it greatly.

If you're within range of one of the AETN TV towers, ask D* to send you an AM-21 OTA tuner add on that connects to the back of your HD DVR, to watch/record AETN through it.

#72 OFFLINE   ghfiii

ghfiii

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

Greetings all, I just got my D*TV, and I have noticed that toward then end of some of my 8PM shows (DVR'ed) there is a short glitch where the HD signal goes off I miss about 20 seconds. It has happened on KATV (Heroes) and also on Fringe. Is there a reason for this (or hopefully a fix)?

It would be around 8:50 PM. Thanks for any help/explanation.

This is happening at the 56 minute of Life and Heroes (KARK). I have not had this happen on Fringe (KLRT).

Since I only saw the issue on NBC I though it was a KARK issue, but if it is happening on on other stations for others and not me then maybe this is a D* issue

#73 OFFLINE   jtbell

jtbell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

This is happening at the 56 minute of Life and Heroes (KARK). I have not had this happen on Fringe (KLRT).

Since I only saw the issue on NBC I though it was a KARK issue, but if it is happening on on other stations for others and not me then maybe this is a D* issue

As an update, it has not happened again on Fringe, or anything on Fox (maybe a one-time glitch). It happens at the 56 minute mark for Biggest Loser, 30 Rock, and Heroes EVERY time.

I am thinking it may be a KARK issue.... Who would need to be contacted to see if there is a fix?

#74 OFFLINE   ghfiii

ghfiii

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Channel affected --------: 4 KARK
Date --------------------: December 8, 2008
Time --------------------: 8:56 PM
Description of Issue ----: Loss of video and audio for about 20 seconds

Date --------------------: December 10, 2008

This also happened for the previous two episodes of Life and Heroes. This was not a one time event. Will post a follow up if this occurs on the December 15th airing of Hereos.

#75 OFFLINE   ghfiii

ghfiii

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

Date --------------------: December 15, 2008

#76 OFFLINE   jtbell

jtbell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:35 AM

It happened at 8:56 again last night on Biggest Loser.

#77 OFFLINE   ghfiii

ghfiii

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

Date --------------------: December 17, 2008

So what is happening? Anybody? What is KARK doing? I cannot get a signal from Little Rock to see if this is happening OTA.

#78 OFFLINE   jtbell

jtbell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

I sent the following to them via the ArkansasMatters website:

I recently got DirectTV, and there seems to be a recurring issue regarding the KARK HD signal. At 8:56 PM every night I watch (or at that spot when I tape) there is a 20-second loss in your signal. This happens on Heroes, Life, Biggest Loser and 30 Rock at the same time.

This has been noted by several DirectTV users on forums. Other Little Rock Stations are not having this issue. Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a solution being worked on?

Thank you.

I will report if there is a response.

#79 OFFLINE   arxaw

arxaw

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:25 AM

KATV "HD" D* feed is unwatchable. Herky jerky motion and washed out color.

#80 OFFLINE   jtbell

jtbell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

Still no response from KARK (guess I wasn't praising them for breaking into programming every time a cumulus cloud gets within a 1000 mile radius of their radar) :lol:

And arxaw, I've noticed the same on KATV. My wife had to turn off one of their shows, and the game last night looked terrible for the first half.

spam firewall