Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Little Rock, AR

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 601 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

not really a tech issue but I'm sure you've all noticed the overly bright and annoying KATV logo on SD programs on their "HD" channel
honestly is KATV trying to drive away all of their viewers (all 12 of them) ? :rolleyes:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   cottonchopper

cottonchopper

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

not really a tech issue but I'm sure you've all noticed the overly bright and annoying KATV logo on SD programs on their "HD" channel
honestly is KATV trying to drive away all of their viewers (all 12 of them) ? :rolleyes:

I gave up on KATV a long time ago. Its bittorrent for Lost and .... oh wait there isn't anything else on ABC worth watching.

#83 OFFLINE   arxaw

arxaw

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

... is KATV trying to drive away all of their viewers

It would appear that way.

You don't need a stupid LOGO to tell it's KATV. The blurry, washed out 4:3 video gives it away.

#84 OFFLINE   jtbell

jtbell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

Those banners are enough to make me not want to watch their programming. I am sure that the others will now follow suit, because all of the LR broadcasters seem bent on lowering the bar as much as possible.

And as a status report from earlier, still no response from KARK on the skipping issue at x:56. You would think that a simple acknowledgment would be in order.

If they don't respond soon, I am going to send them the same thing and seem worried that I might miss out on a thunderstorm watch if this continues.

#85 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

Little Rock DMA
Sat SD channel 49 - "No need to call us" screen for weeks. Actual channel is analog 20, and guide data is correct. Can someone tune the receiver?

OTA digital 18 (4 subchannels) KTWN Searcy, Ar missing from database. Please add even though they dont send guide data to zap2it. Local weather radar, PBS, and other subchannels need to be able to be tuned on AM21.

OTA digital 26 (26.1) KTVH Hot Springs, Ar. missing from database. Same guide data as KTVN channel 25.1 Little Rock.

OTA KARZ digital channel 44.2 (virtual 42.2) no longer exists. KARZ has only 44.1 (42.1). Has guide data for analog channel 20 KKYK.

#86 OFFLINE   HDJulie

HDJulie

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

I am a satellite retailer in Little Rock, AR. For about 4 weeks now our local hd channels freeze up. Its just on locals (satellite 99) and its not isolated cases it's happening to alot of people. The signal strength is fine, software download doesn't help. I've looked thru the threads here and can't find one on this problem so I figured I'd just create one. It's not just one channel it's all the local affiliates. And it's about every 20-30 minutes the screen will either freeze up completely or just pixelate for about 5 seconds. Sometimes the audio will cut out at the same time and sometimes it will keep playing while the pictures still frozen. Any ideas? Oh and by the way I'm seeing the problem coming from people with swm and non-swm equipment.

John, I opened a thread on the HDDVR forum about this same issue. I noticed the problem on Fox & whatever station broadcasts CSI. When it happens, my picture pixelates the same as it does during rain fade, & the audio sometimes also drops out. I thought I had also seen the problem on Discovery channel but I must be mistaken. Doug has said that he's asked D* to look into the locals in our area for any problems & hopefully they will find something.

#87 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

This is being discussed (and we are logging our calls to DirecTv) here:
http://www.avsforum....218690&page=550

#88 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

time for a bump
anyone know what's up with KTHV? at times the audio goes out for a minute or so
only LR local I've heard do that:confused:

#89 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

I dont usually watch it on DirecTv. Ill check it out later tonight and see if I get dropouts during the news.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#90 OFFLINE   HDJulie

HDJulie

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 858 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

If that's the channel CSI is on, then I have the same issue. Last night we watched last week's episode & twice during the show the audio dropped for about a minute.

#91 OFFLINE   Birdieman30

Birdieman30

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Anyone know why the Cardinals opening day game was blacked out on ESPN and EI yesterday. If it were available on a local channel I would understand. Does MLB consider Little Rock to be in the Cardinals local broadcast area, even though our RSN is FSSW.
Does this mean all Cardinal games are blacked out here?
DirecTv, you keep using this word "Everywhere."
I do not think it means what you think it means.

#92 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,367 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Anyone know why the Cardinals opening day game was blacked out on ESPN and EI yesterday. If it were available on a local channel I would understand. Does MLB consider Little Rock to be in the Cardinals local broadcast area, even though our RSN is FSSW.
Does this mean all Cardinal games are blacked out here?

To find the answer to that question, you need to go here:  I live in Miami OK and they claim us.  To get the Cardinals or the Royals games i have to sub to the Sports pack to watch their games.  They are not included in EI.  The Cardinals game was not on ESPN yesterday it would not have been blacked out.  It stinks that there are extra sports stations that fall in the sports pack only but at least we didnt get an upcharge for having multiple RSN's in the base package.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

Protected By... spam firewall...And...