Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DVR Recording Issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JackBikes

JackBikes

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

First of all, I have a DTV HR21-200 receiver.......
Last night my wife and I settled in to watch a recording from the night before. When I tried to play the recorded show, it jumped right to the delete now or don’t delete button rather than playing the show. I tried it again with the same results, so I tried a different show and it did the same thing. My only thought on what to try was to press the reset button to reboot the unit. When it came back up, the four shows that were recorded were gone. So I tried to record the current program and although it looked like it was recording, the playback was blank. I pressed the reset again to try it once more before calling DTV. When the unit came back up I pressed the record button for the current show and this time, it did record just fine. At that point there were a couple of shows preset to record and they started to record. Checking this morning they playback fine and the shows that are scheduled to record are still preset to record.

Has anyone seen this with a DTV HD-DVR before? I have had this unit for about a year with no real problems. The last SW update was 7/17 so nothing in the last week.
HR21-200 DVR
42" Sharp Aquos LCD TV
Sharp Blue Ray DVD
Sony AV receiver w/ Bose speakers

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,868 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

It sounds like your hard drive's structure became corrupt and several reboots were required to fix all the problems. It's not unheard of but it is becoming less and less frequent.

For many people with this issue, the DVR becomes reliable again after the issue is resolved.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,701 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:23 AM

Has anyone seen this with a DTV HD-DVR before?

Absolutely. It doesn't usually happen to all recordings, but most have experienced this problem.

There is a thread here on how to report the problem: http://www.dbstalk.c...ecording thread

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,701 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

It's not unheard of but it is becoming less and less frequent.

This statement isn't supported by the apparent increase in the number of reports recently.

#5 OFFLINE   JackBikes

JackBikes

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:27 AM

Seems like I'm not the only one to experiance it. I should have known.
HR21-200 DVR
42" Sharp Aquos LCD TV
Sharp Blue Ray DVD
Sony AV receiver w/ Bose speakers

#6 OFFLINE   GBFAN

GBFAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

My HR20 and HR21 usually end up with a minor glitch after every upgrade. To me it is just a fact of life with electronics and software. I usually make it a practice to reset the boxes after every upgrade and the boxes work fine. I am still on my originals so I am very happy.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...