Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lifetime Subscriptions

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

I was told Lifetime couldn't be transferred in the car unless something happened like a car wreck :eek2: And you had to buy a new car. But if you sold your car the Lifetime would end. Its funny Sirius has stopped giving Lifetime subs and XM just started :confused: Some merged company this is anyway :rolleyes:

Staging a car wreck is a rather extreme solution just to get a lifetime sub. Also, if you sell your car to someone else, which one of you is going to call up and tell them to cancel the subscription??? ;)
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,085 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

I signed up with lifetime almost 6 years ago, IIRC it was only about $300 back then, so I'm way ahead of the deal, just hope they stay on the air.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#23 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

But if you sold your car the Lifetime would end. Its funny Sirius has stopped giving Lifetime subs and XM just started Some merged company this is anyway

How would they even know? It's not like billing addresses/methods/names would change since there is no bill. And since the vehicle has a lifetime subscription to Sirius, the car would be worth more value. Just sell the car and be done with it.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#24 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

Yeah, I was told it's the lifetime of the receiver plus 3 replacements. What always annoyed me was that it doesn't say that anywhere, but they just tell you "it's known." Why can't they just publish it then because there's no stopping them from saying that's not the case.

With that said, I'm only on my 2nd receiver and I got my lifetime subscription in 2004, so I'm definitely ahead of the game. Great deal, I must say!
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

#25 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

Staging a car wreck is a rather extreme solution just to get a lifetime sub. Also, if you sell your car to someone else, which one of you is going to call up and tell them to cancel the subscription??? ;)

+1 Good one !rolling

#26 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:28 AM

How would they even know? It's not like billing addresses/methods/names would change since there is no bill. And since the vehicle has a lifetime subscription to Sirius, the car would be worth more value. Just sell the car and be done with it.

That's just what XM said. They wouldn't really know. See Mr. King's post :lol:

#27 OFFLINE   Captain_Canuck

Captain_Canuck

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

That's just what XM said. They wouldn't really know. See Mr. King's post :lol:

i see

Protected By... spam firewall...And...