Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

PiP with Vip722

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spec1alk

spec1alk

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:29 AM

How do I get the PiP working with the Vip722? Do I need to be in "single mode"? How can I tell what mode I am in? Can I switch back and forth between single and dual mode on the fly? How can I switch modes?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

PiP - single mode only. Only way to switch between single and dual is the mechanical button behind the door. It's all in the manual.

#3 OFFLINE   HiDefRev

HiDefRev

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWaycross, GA

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

Read your manual. It's all in there ! :rolleyes:

THEATER ROOM
Samsung PN69F55000 60" 3D Plasma HDTV, Samsung BD-F5900 3D Blu-ray Player, DirecTv HR44 Genie System, Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2  3D AV Receiver, BIC DV84 Front Tower Speakers, BIC DV62si Side and Surround Speakers, BIC DV62CLR-S Center Channel Speaker, BIC RtR EV1200 Subwoofers x2, Monoprice Cables

#4 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

First off.. Welcome to DBSTalk..

Pip Mode can only be done in Single mode. As for telling what mode you are in the there is a light on your box that indicates what mode you are in. I do believe there is also some indication on the banner when you do info on a channel but I can't remember what the indicator is.

As for toggling back and forth. If you read the manual as some suggest I believe it indicates that doing this frequently can cause issues with your timers (Most likely caused by how timer management is different in both modes) so personally I only do it on a rare occasion.

What a lot of people think is that if you have a 722 that you use in both the bedroom and the family room you should run it in dual mode. This is not always the case and if the use case is that you mainly watch one or the other my suggestion is to run your VIP receiver in single mode and if there is that rare occasion you need to watch one thing in the bedroom and another in the Family room toggle it to dual mode.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#5 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

Another thing to remember, switching from dual to single the receiver reboots (at least ours did when we switched yesterday) so it take a few miinutes before you can watch tv again.
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,186 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:20 AM

I switched back and forth last week several times and there were no reboots.

#7 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

Switching from single to dual mode should not reboot the receiver. If it did Cori and does ever time then something in your configuration is exposing a defect or your particular receiver has an issue.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#8 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

Switching from single to dual mode should not reboot the receiver. If it did Cori and does ever time then something in your configuration is exposing a defect or your particular receiver has an issue.

It was dual to single and the first time we'd ever done it.... we've had the receiver since they were first released so maybe it was a shock to its system! (Vip622). I have a 722 arriving today for the bedroom, so that will be in single mode from the outset. Reboots suck. Receivers or PCs, it still time when it's unavailable and nothing one can do except sit and wait for it to complete.
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

#9 OFFLINE   spec1alk

spec1alk

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:00 AM

It was dual to single and the first time we'd ever done it.... we've had the receiver since they were first released so maybe it was a shock to its system! (Vip622). I have a 722 arriving today for the bedroom, so that will be in single mode from the outset. Reboots suck. Receivers or PCs, it still time when it's unavailable and nothing one can do except sit and wait for it to complete.

It does seem like it (vip722) takes an extremely long time to reboot.

#10 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

Read your manual. It's all in there ! :rolleyes:

My, my. With a total of four posts you were the only person not to be helpful in this thread. (Now there are two of us guilty of that.) :rolleyes:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...