Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

KWBA (CW) Tucson, AZ area

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   n64man

n64man

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

Just wandering if anyone else is having a problem in the Tucson, AZ area with channel 58 (KWBA - CW) It's been out a few times the past month.. just get a black screen on that channel. When it is up there is a lot of video skipping / audio problems. I also have basic cable (comes free with internet) and the channel is fine on there. I assume it's a Dish problem, but was wandering if anyone else out there is having the same issue!?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:05 PM

They are transitioning ownership to the Journal Group. Most likely, they are going through some temporary growing pains. I have had a few issues with their digital signal going out a few times. Could be that cable is using an analog backup or they have fiber directly from the station while Dish and Direct are using the digital signal.

By the way...welcome to DBSTalk !

#3 OFFLINE   n64man

n64man

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for such a quick response and the welcome. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Then I'll just be holding my breath for Tucson HD locals!

Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   valvestud

valvestud

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

[quote name='n64man']Thanks for such a quick response and the welcome. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Then I'll just be holding my breath for Tucson HD locals!

As a fellow Tucsonan, I would like 'em as well. Does anyone have a more recent update when we can expect HD locals?

#5 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:37 AM

Check KWBA now. Their digital signal has returned.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...