Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VOD Channels: Call DirecTV to Subscribe - but I am a subscriber to those...

l616

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rgbyhkr

rgbyhkr

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

So, I am on day 3 of my HR 21 Pro. So far, it's not bad. The menus are a bit slow, especially for all the cool stuff offered. Anyways, I am getting an odd message when I try to download VOD content on channels that I do subscribe to. The appropriate VOD channel shows up in my guide and I can browse the listings. But when I try to add a show to the queue, I get the pop-up telling me"

"Would you like to add this channel to your DIRECTV package? Visit directv.com or call 1-800-DIRECTV to subscribe."

Of course, I already do subscribe to the channels I have tried, and I have tried a few. The only ones that I have gotten to work so far are shows from the Food Network and HGTV, for whatever reason. I did a restart to the unit yesterday to get mediashare working properly, so I would have figured that would be the little "kickstart" it might need. But, no love.

Am I missing something? Do I have to separately call D to activate the others or something? I just thought that as long as I subscribe to various channels, I will get their VOD content without paying anything else or having to activate it.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

What channels in particular are you having trouble with?

Are they premiums like Showtime, HBO, etc. and do you subscribe to the premium?
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#3 OFFLINE   rgbyhkr

rgbyhkr

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

What channels in particular are you having trouble with?

Are they premiums like Showtime, HBO, etc. and do you subscribe to the premium?

I just edited my post, but to clarify, the only VOD channels I have found that will download a show are HGTV and Food. I have Total Choice Plus as well as HD Courtesy, HD Access, HBO, MAX, and Starz.

I know that D doesn't offer HBO and Max VOD, so I wasn't looking for those. I was just trying basic channels like TBS, TNT, Hist, etc. All of those gave me the message above. Again, I saw references to giving it 24 hours for the guide to populate and it seems liek that has happened. All of the VOD channels in 1000+ are in my guide and I can browse the content. I even downloaded one of the Food network shows to completion and skimmed it to check. It was fine. So it's not my internet connection, and doesn't appear to be a guide data issue.

Thanks for any suggestions. Should I do a complete reset?

Jeff

Protected By... spam firewall...And...