Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Mobile, AL-Pensacola, FL

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

I was so excited about the MPEG4 recordings taking up less disk space but after trying a few local recordings via D* I promptly switched back to OTA locals.

I'm sure they will eventually iron out the blips but for now it's antenna only for me.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   swans

swans

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:14 AM

11/09/08 NBC WPMI 15 Football night in America 6pm - 7:15

Pixelation, Freezes, BRRRRP every 10 min or so.

Yes it pixelates and stutters every 10 to 15 minutes.

#23 OFFLINE   kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:39 PM

11/30/08 NBC WPMI 15 Football night in America 6pm - 7:15pm

BRRRAPPPP and pixelates every 10-15 min is so annoying that I watch & record this station from OTA. I am watching the OTA and it has an audio drop at the same interval. I would rather have no audio for a second than pixelate and BRRRRrAAAPP that lasts way longer than the audio drop for OTA. Ch 15 needs to fix it. Maybe these problems could be a reason why E* doesn't carry this channel in HD. :lol:
my setup here

#24 OFFLINE   swans

swans

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

after the direct connection from the station.

Now it looks like CBS 5 is having some minor issues. Anybody else noted the occasional pixelation and frame stuttering?

#25 OFFLINE   kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

Anybody else seen on American Idol, House, maybe other Fox programming where right before credits come on at the end of the show the picture and audio would freeze for about 5-10 secs and then roll the credits? The whole show leading up to that point was good.
my setup here

#26 OFFLINE   jetman

jetman

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

Anyone having issue with WPMI 15.1 over the air? The tuner in my TV picks it up fine, but
the tuners in my HR20-100 and HR10-250 HD TIVO both show searching for signal. 15 from
the satellite is working on both units. This just started happening during the 6:00 NBC news.

#27 OFFLINE   kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

I'm not currently having issues with 15-1. The HR20's OTA tuner is vary sensitive to multipath, I can't remember how sensitive the hr10-250s are. I used to have some issues months ago, try turning your antenna a few degrees. Just turn it enough to such that your signal levels remain most constant, not necessary the highest.
my setup here

#28 OFFLINE   kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

There's a lot of Brrrp issue on Fox 10 (10/18/09) during the Saints vs Giants game. If it wasn't for the Saints offense clicking the game would be unwatchable. I wonder if there's a national Fox issue being other local areas in different DMAs are experiencing the same issue.
my setup here

#29 OFFLINE   Villager

Villager

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

There's a lot of Brrrp issue on Fox 10 (10/18/09) during the Saints vs Giants game. If it wasn't for the Saints offense clicking the game would be unwatchable. I wonder if there's a national Fox issue being other local areas in different DMAs are experiencing the same issue.

Same problems during the Saints/Redskins game on Fox10 via DirecTV.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...