Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Tri Cities, TN-VA

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   battery

battery

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

BSGman,
If you dont care for me asking, when did you send/receive those emails about WKPT/CW4? I would hope that they are still trying to get WKPT in HD. I could care less about CW4. Since CW4 is owned by the same company that owns WCYB & WEMT, you would think it would have came at the same time we got WCYB & WEMT. But on to WKPT, it's the one I want to be HD the most right now. LOST in HD is awesome! Then when football start up this year, it needs to be HD! As I said in a earlier post EVERY ONE in the Tri-Cities DMA needs to call D* and tell them they want WKPT/ABC in HD :grin: please.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   JLester

JLester

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:16 AM

I contacted DirecTV this morning and made sure to mention that DISH has it now.

Jason

#43 OFFLINE   BSGman

BSGman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

BSGman,
If you dont care for me asking, when did you send/receive those emails about WKPT/CW4? I would hope that they are still trying to get WKPT in HD. I could care less about CW4. Since CW4 is owned by the same company that owns WCYB & WEMT, you would think it would have came at the same time we got WCYB & WEMT. But on to WKPT, it's the one I want to be HD the most right now. LOST in HD is awesome! Then when football start up this year, it needs to be HD! As I said in a earlier post EVERY ONE in the Tri-Cities DMA needs to call D* and tell them they want WKPT/ABC in HD :grin: please.

The CW4 one was Wednesday. The WKPT one was yesterday.

#44 OFFLINE   BSGman

BSGman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:43 AM

I contacted DirecTV this morning and made sure to mention that DISH has it now.

Jason

Any luck with that response?

#45 OFFLINE   battery

battery

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Any luck with that response?

I just checked Dish network's site to see what locals they have in HD.............. they have all four major Networks :mad: maybe this will light a fire under D*'s bum, if alot of people call D* and tell them that Dish has all of them :D

#46 OFFLINE   battery

battery

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

has any1 heard anything about D* getting ABC in HD???? Close,maybe,not going to happen, soon, never? Any thing?

#47 OFFLINE   vfr781rider

vfr781rider

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:07 AM

There is a waiver in place so that you can get the ABC NY HD feed. Call Direct and tell them to check for you.

#48 OFFLINE   tonypitt

tonypitt

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

There is a waiver in place so that you can get the ABC NY HD feed. Call Direct and tell them to check for you.

I previously submitted a waiver request (right before we wound up getting HD from other networks). Ironically when I check the status of those requests on the DirecTV web site it indicates that my FOX and NBC waiver was granted but my ABC waiver was denied.

Are you indicating there's a solution to this?

#49 OFFLINE   vfr781rider

vfr781rider

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

Yes. When I called them to ask about ABC not being in HD, they said there may be a waiver in effect for it. They checked while I was on the phone and said yes, we can hook you up with HD out of NYC. Turned it on and all is well!

#50 OFFLINE   BSGman

BSGman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

2 Quick Questions:

1. Do you get to keep the local feed as well as get the HD one out of NY?

2. Are their waivers in place for the CW & MyNetwork TV as well?

#51 OFFLINE   vfr781rider

vfr781rider

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

Yes, you keep the local feed, too.

I don't know if there any other waivers in effect. Since ABC was the only one not in HD, that's the only one I inquired about. If you find there are others available, please let me know!

#52 OFFLINE   battery

battery

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

I have a couple questions myself:

1. Did they turn it on right on the spot when you called? i thought it took weeks for a waiver to go through.

2. How much are you paying for the NYC ABCHD?

Thanks

#53 OFFLINE   vfr781rider

vfr781rider

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Yes, they turned it on immediately. The waiver is not for me in particular, it is a blanket waiver for all of us that do not get ABC HD via Direct or OTA.

I was already paying for DNS for ABC, CBS, and FOX from waivers I got long ago. They just turned off the HD part of that last month. So, I am not paying any more for it, but I do not know if they would charge you more or not. Worst case, it'd be $3.50 a month.

#54 OFFLINE   battery

battery

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

Has anyone heard any thing on ABC HD coming to the local channels for us in the Tri-Cities market? Sure would be nice with the College Football about to start.

#55 OFFLINE   battery

battery

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

I turned the channel to ABC tonight and it was in HD!!! I'm hoping the is not just for the CMA awards show, but D* wouldnt do that just for one show, right? I think this would be permanet. If so this is cool since LOST starts soon, and any more football that I would like to watch on ABC would be in HD.

#56 OFFLINE   vfr781rider

vfr781rider

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

Keep me posted please. We were up there this weekend for the first time in half a year and I was disappointed to see ABC was still in SD. I thought about calling Direct for another waiver, but if they now have full time HD, that is just as well.

Thanks!

#57 OFFLINE   battery

battery

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:04 PM

vfr781rider, this is the 2nd day and it's still in HD :D So it looks like it is permanent! :hurah:

#58 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

Just discovered the HD feed for ABC tonight when I got home. Funny thing is that about a week and a half ago, I called customer service and requested an HD feed waiver for ABC because WKPT was still in SD. Nice surprise tonight...guess I won't be getting that HD waiver.;)

#59 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Hey everyone, did anyone else have a lot of pixilization this weekend while watching the Tri-Cities HD feeds? I watched both the UT/UK basketball game on WJHL/11, as well as the Gold Medal Hockey Game on WCYB/5 over the weekend, and I got A LOT of pixilization through both games, esp. when action was moving quickly.

I did not have any pixilization in any of my national HD feeds, and when I called D* and they had me check my signal strength. The local HD signal strengths were in the 90's, so it wasn't a dish-pointing or cabling issue.

If you had a pixilization issue this weekend on the Tri-Cities' HD Locals, would you please call D* and speak to Technical Support about this, so that the techs will check out this issue. They filed a report about this on my behalf, but the more reports the better so that this issue won't get overlooked.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by George_T, 02 March 2010 - 12:49 PM.

#60 OFFLINE   wakeup360

wakeup360

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

Hey everyone, did anyone else have a lot of pixilization this weekend while watching the Tri-Cities HD feeds? I watched both the UT/UK basketball game on WJHL/11, as well as the Gold Medal Hockey Game on WCYB/5 over the weekend, and I got A LOT of pixilization through both games, esp. when action was moving quickly.

I did not have any pixilization in any of my national HD feeds, and when I called D* and they had me check my signal strength, the local HD signal strengths were in the 90's, so it wasn't a dish-pointing or cabling issue.

If you had a pixilization issue this weekend on the Tri-Cities' HD Locals, would you please call D* and speak to Technical Support about this, so that the techs will check out this issue. They filed a report about this on my behalf, but the more reports the better so that this issue won't get overlooked.

Thanks in advance!

I have the exact same issues. I called last night to complain and they also had me check my signal strength. I had 85%-92% on 103°© transponders, so yep it wasn't a dish-pointing or cabling issue. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...