Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EHD suddenly does not work

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   guisep

guisep

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:22 AM

I have a Cavalry 750 Gb drive that worked perfect from the day Disk allowed external hard drives. I've check the drive on my linux system and it's fine. I've called Dish but no luck they only open a engineering ticket and after three weeks have not called back (yes I've opened more then one) I've done all I know what to do.. rebooted both drive and the 722.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution. I'd love to get the 500Gb of movies off that.. Not fun..

Thanks,
Joe

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:42 AM

Joe,

What message do you get when you try to access your external drive?
Bill R

#3 OFFLINE   MrC

MrC

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

Try first turning of the drive, wait, and then turn it back on. The receiver will sometimes detect the drive. If this does not work, try rebooting the receiver. I've had to perform this a couple of times, and eventually the drive was recognized.
ViP 922 + ViP 722

#4 OFFLINE   guisep

guisep

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

First I've tried the rebooting and on/off numerics times. My Linux box reads the drive perfectly. This all started after one of the software upgrades. I just want to see if anyone is using this brand of drive and had this problem. The error message I get from the 722 is "You have connected an unsupported device to the USB port. Select "Help" for more information"

#5 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

Try turning off the EHD, rebooting the 722, and then turning on the EHD. I have a Cavalry 500GB and haven't had any problems. I hope that works or you or you find the problem!

#6 OFFLINE   srrobinson2

srrobinson2

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

First I've tried the rebooting and on/off numerics times. My Linux box reads the drive perfectly. This all started after one of the software upgrades. I just want to see if anyone is using this brand of drive and had this problem. The error message I get from the 722 is "You have connected an unsupported device to the USB port. Select "Help" for more information"

I have exactly the same issue. Did you ever resolve your problem?
[Signature removed by request because it contained too much useful information.]

#7 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

Call Dish and have them send a "Hit" to your receiver, re-authorizing the EHD.

This has worked for several users with similar problems.

It is not in their list of scripted things to do but be insistent.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...