Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

771 Errors...Please guide me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gilm

Gilm

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

Hi all - New to directv(from dish) due to Sunday ticket and found out that I don't actually receive local channels in my area. Can't tell you how frustrating this is. Read on some sites that you can "fib" and change your service address and get these channels. Several of my friends already are doing this so I thought why not me? I gave my father in laws address and they hooked up the programming for locals and they are listed now in my guide. Of course, 771 errors. After calling they first hadn't activated the new address then after seeing 771 they wanted to send someone out. OOPS. Well I got out of that one but now I'm just stuck without these channels. Only about 100 miles from the address so it should not be a problem with reaching that satellite. I have no local installers anywhere close and no one that can help me out that I know of in town. I know this works for others and I'd really like to get it for me also. Does anyone have any steps to take to resolve this? I have the slimline dish, then a hd dvr and another regular hd receiver. Do you really think this is a tech issue or possibly a dish position? I can handle the techy stuff but I don't know where to start so if you could guide me I'd really appreciate it! Thanks - Gilm

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

Since you refer to a Direct tv receiver, you may find help if you posted this in that discussion section instead of the Dish Network section.

spam firewall