Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help on Instalation of new antenna

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brillo50

brillo50

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:08 AM

my dish is on top of a 40 foot tower that i installed 15 years ago. I live in a valley between 2 mountains in charleston WV 101 sat is fine. I cant get the 110 & 119 because of the mountain & trees I would like to change my dish to pick up the HD channel on 99 &103 since they are at a higher elev. I would like to know what new antenna I would need to get & since I cant see 110 or 119 what is the best way to adjust a new dish. I Will Have to install the new dish since it is 40 feet in the air. any comments would be helpful for a newbe in the group. Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

my dish is on top of a 40 foot tower that i installed 15 years ago. I live in a valley between 2 mountains in charleston WV 101 sat is fine. I cant get the 110 & 119 because of the mountain & trees I would like to change my dish to pick up the HD channel on 99 &103 since they are at a higher elev. I would like to know what new antenna I would need to get & since I cant see 110 or 119 what is the best way to adjust a new dish. I Will Have to install the new dish since it is 40 feet in the air. any comments would be helpful for a newbe in the group. Thanks

You need a slimline 3 which is just starting to be used. Install is almost like installing a round 101 dish except it is bigger, and a tiny bit trickier.
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#3 OFFLINE   brillo50

brillo50

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:01 PM

You need a slimline 3 which is just starting to be used. Install is almost like installing a round 101 dish except it is bigger, and a tiny bit trickier.

Who makes the slimline 3 & can you align it without getting the 119

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:01 PM

The Slimline-3 dish is very new and is in limited rollout right now. It may be a month or two before they start showing up at retailers, and possibly more before they start being commonly used in your area. You may need some patience.

The Slimline-3 just picks up 99/101/103, so it sounds like it would likely work for you.

#5 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:39 AM

I would look for them on ebay or from www.solidsignal.com, but I don't know if they are there yet or not.

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

Protected By... spam firewall...And...