Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

wtvh 5 in Syracuse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   geereed

geereed

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

wtvh 5 in syracuse not working for me. Just got the hd channels now i want to see the football game and its just a black screen. Anybody else having the same problem

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   geereed

geereed

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Never mind directv just put up sign saying they are aware of the problem.

wtvh 5 in syracuse not working for me. Just got the hd channels now i want to see the football game and its just a black screen. Anybody else having the same problem

#3 OFFLINE   HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07

Icon

• Registered
  • 705 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:03 AM

Never mind directv just put up sign saying they are aware of the problem.

I received no signal OTA for that channel last night. They must have been down altogether.

#4 OFFLINE   pjsauter

pjsauter

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:47 AM

According to the WTVH website:

We are experiencing technical issues with our over-the-air digital signal. This does not effect all other CBS 5 WTVH signals including channel positions 5 and 855 on Time Warner Cable.

Hasn't been on since Sunday. Missed a bunch of recordings.

D* seems to be giving us the network feed for non-local content, at least (thank you!). Anybody know if that's something they need to get permission from the lo-cal station (or FCC) to do? Or can they just do it on their own.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...