Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question for Portland Directv customers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   convem24

convem24

Icon

• Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

I have a question about independent installers in the Portland area. My situation is I am moving from the Seattle area back to Portland. My problems is I used my movers connection in March. I have not called yet to see what time table is available on installation from Ironwood communications or if they can supply me with a Swmline dish. I need a SWMline dish becuase I am first of all am moving in with my parents (I know but I have a reason) becuase my dad's health has declined) temporarily and I don't want additional lines for all 3 DVR I have. All my DVRs are SWM capable. If Ironwood cannot or will not supply me with a SWMline which I am willing to pay for installation labor and hardware does anyone have any recommendations on indepenent dealers to get in contact with in the Portland area to see if they can do a SWM install? Any answers are appreciated.
Current Setup
Premier with HD and DVR with NFLST, NFLST To Go, NHL CI, NBA League Pass and MLB EI.
2 HR21-700s (Current National release)
1 R15-500 (Current National release)
1 R22 with HD now!!!(Current National release)
Samsung LNT4071 (40 inch LCD)
Panasonic TH-50PZ80U
Samsung LN40C530F1
Directv customer since August 2006

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   1948GG

1948GG

Icon

• Registered
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:17 AM

I need a SWMline dish becuase I am first of all am moving in with my parents (I know but I have a reason) becuase my dad's health has declined) temporarily and I don't want additional lines for all 3 DVR I have. All my DVRs are SWM capable. .

Even if they can't (and probably at this stage the answer is they won't), the pricing on either replacing out the LNB 'head' on the slimline, or simply adding a SWM8 module to the output of a 'standard' Slimline, has gotten VERY cheap.

~<$100 in short. Personally, I'd go with the SWM8 simply because it's been out the longest, doesn't require you to monkey around with the actual dish itself (potentially getting the alignment off), and supplies OTA and non-SWM outputs (either of which you may or may not need, but...). Plus of course keeps the install 'standard' from the outlook of the installers.

#3 OFFLINE   convem24

convem24

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

Even if they can't (and probably at this stage the answer is they won't), the pricing on either replacing out the LNB 'head' on the slimline, or simply adding a SWM8 module to the output of a 'standard' Slimline, has gotten VERY cheap.

~<$100 in short. Personally, I'd go with the SWM8 simply because it's been out the longest, doesn't require you to monkey around with the actual dish itself (potentially getting the alignment off), and supplies OTA and non-SWM outputs (either of which you may or may not need, but...). Plus of course keeps the install 'standard' from the outlook of the installers.

I have friends who just got Directv in Idaho and got SWM installs with 3 DVR or more. I will have to call movers to see what they can do. If not I will call in independent installers but I don't know who to call.
Current Setup
Premier with HD and DVR with NFLST, NFLST To Go, NHL CI, NBA League Pass and MLB EI.
2 HR21-700s (Current National release)
1 R15-500 (Current National release)
1 R22 with HD now!!!(Current National release)
Samsung LNT4071 (40 inch LCD)
Panasonic TH-50PZ80U
Samsung LN40C530F1
Directv customer since August 2006

spam firewall