Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone see "Giggy" on Leno?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, they had J.S. on Leno last night. You know you made it in US pro sports, ESPECIALLY HOCKEY, when you get on Leno...

Anyhow, they didn't talk about much. They talked about where he grew up, his family, and of course, his playoff beard.
They moved on to talk about the "joke" the Ducks franchise was when it entered the NHL, and the fact it was named after the movie.

It was pretty good....congrats on the success JS is getting, especially coming from somebody who watched him back up Fred Brathwaite in '99 in Calgary.
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   angiodan

angiodan

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 04:52 PM

I forgot he was on. I would have liked to have seen it.

Go Ducks!!

#3 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 05:27 AM

I thought it was great, that's what hockey needs. I thought it was great that he wasn't deathly afraid of being there, but you could see he was nervous and a bit shy. Not like the big egos of most NBA players. Makes the sport more personable, I think.

What's the deal with the playoffs and beards? I've only been watching hockey for about 2 years but I've noticed that playoff hockey and beards seem to be inextricably linked. Is it based on some kind of superstition?

#4 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 06:55 AM

No, but I saw gigger (that's the nickname of the back of his mask) and a couple other ducks as the guest announcers on 'The Jimmy Kimmel Show.'

#5 OFFLINE   angiodan

angiodan

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 11:03 AM

John, the not shaving during the playoffs has been around a long time. It is a superstition, don't shave until you get beat out. As for when and why it actually started, I don't know.

When I played all star hockey, the first year you started to shave, you looked forward to the playoffs to stop shaving! Of course, at that age, we didn't get much past the peach fuzz stage! :lol:

At age 18, we went to the Canadian championships, so some guys had a little more growth then!

Can't wait till Tues. night. Its going to be a great final. I'm actually looking more forward to games 3 and on, since they will be in HD on ABC. Heres to a 7 game final, so I can see 5 HD games!

#6 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 02:40 PM

Thanks angiodan I didn't know that, I do know hockey players are a pretty superstitious bunch.

*sigh*.....in HD, your lucky. I just bought a 57" inch HD RPTV it's killing me not having a 6000 to watch in HD. I hate to go out and buy a 6000u and then the 921 becomes available. Wish I could pick up a cheap 6000. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...