Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone Know Who to Complain to about the 721 Upgrade Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   finniganps

finniganps

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

Does anyone know who (FCC?) to file a complaint with on this upgrade from a 721 to a HD DVR problem (below)?

http://www.dbstalk.c...t=139232&page=5

I have sent an e-mail to ceo at echostar dot com, but I am not hopeful.....and they say I must now fulfill my 24 month commitment by getting this new DVR.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:32 AM

So, are they telling you that you must finish they current 24 month contract that you already have or, are they telling you that you must upgrade and sign a new contract?
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#3 OFFLINE   finniganps

finniganps

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:35 AM

So, are they telling you that you must finish they current 24 month contract that you already have or, are they telling you that you must upgrade and sign a new contract?

This was a NEW commitment as part of getting the 722. I told them I wouldn't have agreed to that without the conditions they told me. Hopefully I'll get some assistance from the e-mail to ceo.

#4 OFFLINE   DishSatUser

DishSatUser

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:01 PM

This was a NEW commitment as part of getting the 722. I told them I wouldn't have agreed to that without the conditions they told me. Hopefully I'll get some assistance from the e-mail to ceo.

Hopefully you do.. Other than complaints to the BBB and FCC, you'll not get much relief if the CEO email doesn't resolve this for you.

Then these complaints are only effective if new potential customers check them first before doing business with E*. Seriously, when is the last time you called the BBB first before doing business with someone? It's the same for many others as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
DISH ViP 722
TurboHD Gold/local DMA
Vizio VO32L 32" HDTV
Dish 500+ on 110 & 119, 24" Dish on 129

#5 OFFLINE   finniganps

finniganps

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

Good news. I received a call from CEO office and they agreed waive the fee because the original CSR didn't tell me the correct information. I think the only way to avoid this for people who haven't converted is to NOT get a HD DVR.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...