Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new install

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bills

bills

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:21 PM

question? having directv installed tomorrow 9-23,former dish customer. with one tv. any ideas on how it will be installed? will i need a wb68 or something else? just a heads up if you will....regards

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

You will not need a WB68 multi-switch. The dish has 4 outputs on it.

I assume you are getting HD (HD receiver or HD DVR) install? If so you will get an Slimline dish with one or two (if you get an HD DVR) cables from the dish to the receiver.

#3 OFFLINE   bills

bills

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

You will not need a WB68 multi-switch. The dish has 4 outputs on it.

I assume you are getting HD (HD receiver or HD DVR) install? If so you will get an Slimline dish with one or two (if you get an HD DVR) cables from the dish to the receiver.

i installed my cables from outside through the house i have 4 runs from outside,when i had dish they only used one cable from the lnbf with a spliter to the back of the receiver, i believe that is the way it was.....regards

#4 OFFLINE   bills

bills

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

had service installed this morning hr22-100, everything went smooth and speedy. very happy with it. i thought i would have two dishes, with the locals but no. i did order my am-21 just a few minutes ago. question? about how long does it take to get it?.... regards

#5 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:13 AM

had service installed this morning hr22-100, everything went smooth and speedy. very happy with it. i thought i would have two dishes, with the locals but no. i did order my am-21 just a few minutes ago. question? about how long does it take to get it?.... regards

I don't know for sure but if I had to guess I would say 2-3 days. That is normally how long it takes to receive things from DIRECTV.

#6 OFFLINE   rustynails

rustynails

Godfather

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

I am a former DISH customer. I was wondering why you decided to come to D?
I came to D due to los on 129!

#7 OFFLINE   firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

I am a former DISH customer. I was wondering why you decided to come to D?
I came to D due to los on 129!

As a former DISH customer myself, I chose to switch to D* mainly because i feel that the programming that D* offers is out of this world... There are so many choices, there is truly something on for everyone! My very few dealing with customer service (:nono2: excluding installation:eek2: ) where great. Each time the rep went above and beyond to serve the customers needs.

I honestly, truly think that if D* could work out there problems with the installs that they would be without doubt be the perfect tv provider:hurah:

My Setup

Slimline 3-LNB Dish
WB68 Muti-Switch
Living Room: R16-300
Master Bedroom: D12-500
Kids Bedroom: D12-500

Proudly Non Comcastic since 2007

spam firewall