Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

slimline 3 lnb to one receiver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hoboken

hoboken

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:41 AM

Please excuse this pretty dumb question, I have a line of sight problem and I would like to know if I can install one of the "new" eagle aspen SL3-p LNB on an existing slimline 5lnb dish, run just one line to one H20 receiver without the need for additional equipment, (I.E., power inserter, switch, splitters, diplexer, etc.), also if I use a hr20 instead of a h20 as my only receiver what addt. do I need., I know I will not get locals due to them being on 119.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   br408408

br408408

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

It would work fine with the H20 without adding anything. To use the HR20 you would have to run one more RG6 or use a SWM 8 with it's power inserter and the one run you already have. It would be much cheaper to run one more RG6 to the HR20 unless that run would be a very large pain in the you know what.

#3 OFFLINE   hoboken

hoboken

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:26 AM

Thanks, That's what I'll do, just run another cable to the other tuner if that will work.

#4 OFFLINE   br408408

br408408

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

Thanks, That's what I'll do, just run another cable to the other tuner if that will work.

Yes it will

Protected By... spam firewall...And...